the best part of this whole thing is | Syracusefan.com

the best part of this whole thing is

There's e even a Bonnie fan complaining about us getting in over them on another forum I frequent despite us besting them.

May as well add Bud P. and his wonderful article this morning to that list...

Add Greenberg to the list. Apparently, called it an "outrage" that we got in over Monmouth.

upload_2016-3-14_10-7-5.jpeg

texascpa said:
Add Greenberg to the list. Apparently, called it an "outrage" that we got in over Monmouth.

Greenberg had us in, too.

I think the best thing is not having to watch us play Robert Morris (or whomever) in the NIT in front of 5K people in the Dome. That's worse than prepping for a colonoscopy.

When I had mine done the doctor was practically crying. She said not only am I beautiful on the outside, but you don't have to have another colonoscopy for 10 years. When she asked me if I wanted a picture of it I told her to keep it.

It is funny reading down that list of tweets Syracuse.com had today. Our dedicated legion of haters(Forde, Gottlieb, Lunardi) all in lockstep getting their shots in, guys like Tim Brando jumping to our defense, bla, bla, bla. All of these people’s biases are so predictable, it’s like we all know what they’re going to say before they do.

Greenberg had us in, too.
He is talking about ESPN hack Mike Greenberg. When you think of a professional that embodies this new ESPN culture I think of Mike Greenberg.

Greenberg could have singled out Tulsa but said Syracuse was his big surprise getting in.

He is talking about ESPN hack Mike Greenberg. When you think of a professional that embodies this new ESPN culture I think of Mike Greenberg.

Greenberg could have singled out Tulsa but said Syracuse was his big surprise getting in.

If you follow espn for five minutes, you know when that hack predicts something, it's always going to go the other way. He literally is never right about anything.

I happened to be driving for over an hour this morning so I listened to a cross sampling of a few sports stations on Sirius-XM. We were getting killed on all fronts more than other invitee except for Tulsa.

I can't blame people. Is anyone going to tell me they even thought a 10 seed was remotely possible?

i did. i thought 10 seed, play in game, and nit was all on the table for us. i thought a 10 seed was possible if they take boeheim's suspension into consideration

I happened to be driving for over an hour this morning so I listened to a cross sampling of a few sports stations on Sirius-XM. We were getting killed on all fronts more than other invitee except for Tulsa.
At this point it is like the Trump campaign. The truth doesn't matter and people just want to voice their burn down the system mentality. Syracuse owe no apology. Their were 5 at-larges below us VCU/Michigan/Wichita State/Vanderbilt/Tulsa. If this was the old system without the First Four we still cleared the hurdle with a team to spare.

we had the wins. no other bubble team had our wins. especially road/neutral. thats what got us in. if we beat duke and a&m at home not sure we're in, but the committee always values road/neutral wins. who did you play, who did you beat, i felt good about our resume based on that.

I can't blame people. Is anyone going to tell me they even thought a 10 seed was remotely possible?
I told you were in pretty good shape.

A&M beating Florida, UGA beating So. Carolina, Davidson beating St. Bonaventure, Michigan State beating Ohio State and for good measure Purdue beating Michigan and St. Joe's beating VCU kept us out of the First Four.

i did. i thought 10 seed, play in game, and nit was all on the table for us. i thought a 10 seed was possible if they take boeheim's suspension into consideration

Exactly. You thought NIT was on the table.

Exactly. You thought NIT was on the table.

EVERYBODY thought NIT was on the table. Because, it was.

No matter the depth of one's fandom, how much orange they bleed, or how hard they die for the team, it was far from a foregone conclusion that we were getting into the Big Dance.

once the first play in game was announced I knew that the only way we were getting in was if we were a 9 or 10 seed. Otherwise we were out.

We weren't one of the last 5 teams in. Why don't these "experts" complain about Vandy, Michigan, Tulsa, or VCU instead?

once the first play in game was announced I knew that the only way we were getting in was if we were a 9 or 10 seed. Otherwise we were out.
ditto.

but I really thought we were going to get screwed.

the reason being the one gottleib said after...no team who lost to st johns deserves to be in the tourney.

I didn't see the leak, I sweated that one out.

it.

was.

excruuuuuuuuuccccccccciiiiiiiiaaaaaaaattttttiiiiiinnnnnggggg.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom