the big upside today | Syracusefan.com

the big upside today

upperdeck

Living Legend
unlike the other good teams we played this game we actually played well most of the 2nd half and closed the gap created by the foul calls.

offense is getting there but the D and rebounding still have a ways to to.

unlike the other good teams we played this game we actually played well most of the 2nd half and closed the gap created by the foul calls.

I agree. Our offense is getting better but I’m not sure this team will ever get much better on D.

Yea, we “closed the gap” against a team (a hated rival one at that) with 7 scholly players who is a team that is a shell of themselves from seasons start. Ugh! If that right there isn’t an additional testament to how far this program has fallen, than I’m not sure what is.

I'm giving your post a like purely on having the giant onions to make a postive post after losing to a hated rival during a .500 season. May the message board gods have mercy on you good sir.

You get a like for your like reasons. If I get a like and we keep getting likes predicated on your like you could be the number one creator of a like string!

Shoot like this against Iowa/ and oklahoma state maybe we win a few more.

Our passing lanes were so shredded today though. Please give us some physical defense from Guerrier at the two next to buddy or something. Dolezaj and Guerrier could make a good team on the right side together. And Edwards gives us the minutes to do that some.

Dolezaj/Hughes/Buddy or girard will still get us plenty of shots.

Last edited:
I'm giving your post a like purely on having the giant onions to make a postive post after losing to a hated rival during a .500 season. May the message board gods have mercy on you good sir.

A .500 season? Sign me up for that right now.

i'll admit i was a little disappointed when i heard of the suspensions/defections. i wanted to pound the hoyas straight up. fair fight. i fully expected today's match to be a beatdown which would probably drag down our rpi as the hoya's sank slowly to the bottom of the tank. this is one of the few games i actually got to watch and it's a little perplexing trying to say what went wrong. number one i'll say the hoyas probably just played their best game of the year especially given circumstances. two we are WAY too TREY dependent.

The biggest upside of today for me was the game was on broadcast TV and I didn't have to rely on faulty video or audio streams like has left folks in the cold enough this season so far.

The biggest upside of today for me was the game was on broadcast TV and I didn't have to rely on faulty video or audio streams like has left folks in the cold enough this season so far.
makes me wonder. how does the ACCN effect (or is it affect) national recruiting ? i don't get the games and i'm a fan .since we're never ranked we get little or no national coverage these days. do west coast kids know who syracuse is ? or is it better they don't watch these days?

makes me wonder. how does the ACCN effect (or is it affect) national recruiting ? i don't get the games and i'm a fan .since we're never ranked we get little or no national coverage these days. do west coast kids know who syracuse is ? or is it better they don't watch these days?

Good post, good questions. I certainly think it would be negligent to completely write off both the (lack of) coverage and the terrible play when there is coverage, as factors that contribute. Who knows how much.

It might be nice if they gave recruits an anonymous survey after each cycle and ask them why the SU sales pitch relatively sucks, in their opinion. Polling can be quite useful in marketing strategy, and the program could use the data to make improvements. ...of course, it would partly rely on the honesty of the recruits, and hope they weren't too careful not to upset anyone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom