The Biggest Wildcard for This year's Team..... | Syracusefan.com

The Biggest Wildcard for This year's Team.....

newmexicuse

All Conference
Well, in actuality there are quite a few wildcards pending:

Joseph - can he handle the point without too many freshman type of errors ?

McCullough - lot's talent, but how effectively can he make the jump & will he play enough D ?

Roberson - showed flashes, but can he be reasonably effective and consistent ?

Trevor - will he be able to step it up or at the very least show more of last year's first half trevor than the second half Trevor ?

Lot's of uncertainty, but in actuality I think we will have at least modest expectations fulfilled relative to the four big questions above. However, even if I am correct in that assessment it still will not be enough.

That brings us to the real biggest wildcard, and that wildcard is BJ. BJ certainly appeared to have a lot of improvement (at least statistically) in Estonia. He is the likely biggest three point threat after Trevor and perhaps Joseph if he can get & stay on the floor. It has been proven that Trevpor can't do it alone from the trey line. The team will probably be somewhat offensively challenged - BJ can help in that regard. If BJ can earn a spot in the rotation, I think he will bring to the table the big missing piece.

I think gbinije and raks improvement offensively will be the deciding factor here. Roberson and bj clearly have the talent but like kj and cm i think theyll make some freshman like mistakes. I refuse to get my hopes up on cooney.

I honestly think Gbinije is going to surprise people the most, but agree that BJ is the biggest wildcard. That combo of size, athleticism, and potentially lethal perimeter game is an amazing asset.

I think gbinije and raks improvement offensively will be the deciding factor here. Roberson and bj clearly have the talent but like kj and cm i think theyll make some freshman like mistakes. I refuse to get my hopes up on cooney.
I expect incremental improvement from both. I do not see enough in either of their games to anticipate a quantum jump.

It's almost a misnomer to say a quantum jump could come from a frosh who hasn't had a previous baseline so that eliminates Joseph and McC from the conversation.. Amonst the returnees, the kids I see having the quantum jump potential would be Roberson and BJ. I absolutely expect the big jump from Roberson. That leaves BJ as the wild card per my original post.

Comments on Cooney tend to run like they did for Rautins. Trevor will do just fine and more than just 3 pointers. :)

way to many undefinites to have a wild card.

going into last year we only had one returning scorer and go to scorer in fair.
But we had a jr in George Cooney, and a sophmore jerami grant and a freshmen tyler ennis who were special.

This year we return no proven go to scorer scorer as cooney is a 3rd option until he can shoot off the dribble or under some pressure.

we bring in a couple or freshmen in kaleb, mccullough and a sophmore class of bj, roberson, okoboh

Rak Dajuan and gbinije get older but I wouldn't classify them as true scoring options last year.

I think the biggest question preseason is who is our go to shooter jumpshot guy.

Is BUSS still on the team??? Everyone seems to have forgotten about him.

1. Coleman's knees.

2. Selfishness on offense. Young team needs to be hungry and selfish and all look to score -- take the shot! If they all defer to TC and Xmas the O will stagnate.

But we had a jr in George Cooney, and a sophmore jerami grant and a freshmen tyler ennis who were special.

This year we return no proven go to scorer scorer as cooney is a 3rd option until he can shoot off the dribble or under some pressure.

we bring in a couple or freshmen in kaleb, mccullough and a sophmore class of bj, roberson, okoboh

Rak Dajuan and gbinije get older but I wouldn't classify them as true scoring options last year.

I think the biggest question preseason is who is our go to shooter jumpshot guy.

Cooney, I would say that is "smallest" question preseason.

Well, in actuality there are quite a few wildcards pending:

Joseph - can he handle the point without too many freshman type of errors ?

McCullough - lot's talent, but how effectively can he make the jump & will he play enough D ?

Roberson - showed flashes, but can he be reasonably effective and consistent ?

Trevor - will he be able to step it up or at the very least show more of last year's first half trevor than the second half Trevor ?

Lot's of uncertainty, but in actuality I think we will have at least modest expectations fulfilled relative to the four big questions above. However, even if I am correct in that assessment it still will not be enough.

That brings us to the real biggest wildcard, and that wildcard is BJ. BJ certainly appeared to have a lot of improvement (at least statistically) in Estonia. He is the likely biggest three point threat after Trevor and perhaps Joseph if he can get & stay on the floor. It has been proven that Trevpor can't do it alone from the trey line. The team will probably be somewhat offensively challenged - BJ can help in that regard. If BJ can earn a spot in the rotation, I think he will bring to the table the big missing piece.

BJ looked totally buffed in the photo with TR. He's looks like he's really ready to play. His injury reminds me of CJ getting hurt in Canada last year. He's got to remain healthy if he's going to use his super powers to play so aggressively.

Great point about Paterson. No articles or any press on Paterson all summer. Very strange. If BJ has improved G is going to play the 2 spot over the 3 spot. I think the way the team is shaping up Paterson is no going to get much playing time unless he beats out Cooney.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom