The brag about my kid’s athletic performance thread. | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

The brag about my kid’s athletic performance thread.

Off the field success as well. 3.75 + GPA to be on the list.
52865502-9287-44BB-B73D-9014461C749D.jpeg

Last edited:
This may be a bit long, but the thread I started I seem to have neglected a bit.

My son had a successful modified lacrosse season, but honestly it’s a bit lackluster comparatively. His travel ball is a lot more fun to watch, where modified has a lot of kids that are not as experienced brining the level down closer to the k-6 youth league.

His summer travel is in full swing currently. Going 3-1 at both Lax Jam and Sackets Harbor 1812 Shootout, they are about to do a tournament in Auburn and then he’ll play for Coach Wilcox as a 7-8 at the Pepper at West Genny. He is working out with the other boys with Wilcox twice a week, with camp in two weeks.
Once a week he is doing a 1hr session with Keegan Lynch from the varsity team which I can tell will affect his game already, to some degree.
His class will be very good when they get to the varsity level.

My daughter finished up her club vb season which included tournaments in Philly, Buffalo, Rochester, Syracuse, Boston, Saratoga, and finished up at Nationals in Indy. They got smoked in Indy. Didn’t win a single set. They did however have fun. She has improved immensely. She is currently enjoying summer which will include two camps including her Bville team camp. Tryouts begin 8/22, and as a sophomore I suspect she will play one more year of JV as the varsity team is stacked and they only lost 4 girls to graduation last year.

I’ll stop back then.

After three days of tryouts this week, my daughter indeed made the jv team, as did my niece who will be a freshman this year. Year one under a new coaching staff at Bville, and was told she needed to be the leader. Now the fun begins.

My son had a successful test of the summer, and is getting a ton from working with Keegan. His fall ball practice for Bville starts this Sunday with the first tourney mid September in Ellicotville.

My daughter played the last JV volleyball game last night, and when they got off the court she got pulled aside by the varsity coach to officially get pulled up for sectionals. She's very happy and ready for the next level.

After my daughter got the call up, we had a first rd bye, then faced WG, and then finally Liverpool, which they beat 3-1 for the section III championships. Today they faced Shen for regionals, and lost 3-0. Shen is the foe of all foes, so disappointing but not surprising. Quite honestly they may think similarly of us.

What a great season, and great experience for my daughter to prep for varsity next year.

Club season starts this week! Here we go again!

Wow am I behind.
When I last reported in November after the school season, club was just starting. Well this past weekend was her last tournament. Two injuries to two different girls, left us a bit undermanned most of the season. I'd say they went about 50%. But she had fun, stayed fit, and got better for what matters, which is school ball. And low and behold, open gyms and workouts start this week. Does this stuff ever end?

My son's fall ball started with missing the tourney in Ellicotville with COVID, as did other teammates. Played for Wilcox in Tully, and then stayed busy with his main group of boys playing indoor at jones rd. God I hate watching that.
He is once again modified as an 8th grader, and is currently in season. They are 3-1 as of last night. He is slowly leaving his timid stage, and enterring his more aggressive stage. He is starting attack, along with two other attacks from his B'ville "travel team". Last night he had 2 goals and 2 assists in a 14-3 drubbing of FM. the loss came to the 7th grade team from WG. They were good and we played bad, beat us by 1. However, there was one boy who will clearly be a thorn in our side for the next 4 years.

My son has decided to step away from soccer. A series of injuries his senior season (after bouncing back from hip surgery for his junior year) limited him to one game and left him with nothing in the tank to bounce back with.
It is tough to go from being scouted by an English club for their academy, to D-1, to injuries, to retirement. I’m sad, but he seems more than okay with it, which is all that really matters.
I look forward to following the exploits of all your children.

Proud dad moment.

My youngest, who is autistic and has overcome a lot of social and behavioral hurdles, scored two goals on Sunday in his youth soccer league. Puts him at three goals through two games.

He still gets lost when he is on defense, but when it comes to offense, he loves to attack the ball and take shots on goal.

For tennis fans in the group - I have two young girls. One who turns 4 today and an almost two year old. When my oldest turned 2, I gave her a racquet and started working mini-drills in our playroom.

The USTA has a system for kids-development. It starts with Red Balls (lowest compression) and a very small court. Recommended guidelines say red ball is for 5-7 year olds. Orange Balls are the next progression and have a recommended age of 7-9.

My 4 year old started her first official tennis classes at our local club, and after one class, they've moved her up from Red Ball to Orange Ball. I was shocked because we really haven't done a lot of movement based hitting, but she was just killing it on the red ball court. My wife is telling me to calm my emotions, but I'm excited that she loves tennis and has a knack for it. Hopefully she continues to get mine and my wife's height.

It’s something the varsity boys have done for a few years. Rubbing off on the younger guys. There are other pics where they are all doing it. I believe it started with a player at OSU a few years ago.

It’s something the varsity boys have done for a few years. Rubbing off on the younger guys. There are other pics where they are all doing it. I believe it started with a player at OSU a few years ago.
Interesting. Mothers everyone must be very thrilled by this new tradition.

Kids on my team would still be running laps for that.

whats offensive? I can't wait to hear this.
They look like they are making ‘rutard’ faces like we did in the 70s.

If that’s now cool in the woke 2020s, I apologize.

And I guess it is.

Wow.

The boys went 3-1 ( finished in 5th place???? ) at Sackets Harbor 1812 Shootout yesterday. LOVE it up there. My son had 5 goals and had to be close to 10 assists on the day.

End of an era for the coaches he's ben with since kindergarten. The boys will be "JV" as of the John Pepper tourney in two weeks. Now they join us in the bleachers. Been a lot of fun.

My son made the JV volleyball team, and my daughter made Varsity. We're about to be in a gym somewhere five nights a week, and tourneys for all but one weekend in September. This will make early FB season difficult.

My son made the JV volleyball team, and my daughter made Varsity. We're about to be in a gym somewhere five nights a week, and tourneys for all but one weekend in September. This will make early FB season difficult.
So, my son did not play much, but was just awarded the "Unsung Hero" award for attitude, effort, team leadership, etc. He will probably be the starting setter for JV next season.
Played the Cornfield Classic tournament for Coach Wilcox at the JV level for lacrosse, and had a reasonably good day, with a goal and a few assists. On to winter workouts through December.

My daughter's varsity season was not necessarily a "normal" bville season, but successful nonetheless. Lost the two regular season matchups to Liverpool, as well as one loss to them in a tournament. So of course, that's who we end up facing in sectional championships. But this time we won. Great game. After falling in the first set, they came back to win 3 straight. In regionals, we lost to the mighty Shen, which I believe both of their big hitters are going D1. They lost in states however.
She will not be playing club this winter, but rather assistant coaching one of the modified teams, and doing clinics and workouts over the winter.

My kid just started playing volleyball a year ago and made his club's elite team. They traveled out to Los Angeles to play the top teams in the country. He got a bunch of kills against the number one team in the country and got one of his plays on this highlight video. Unfortunately they lost the game by a little. His kill is at the 2 minute mark.

My kid just started playing volleyball a year ago and made his club's elite team. They traveled out to Los Angeles to play the top teams in the country. He got a bunch of kills against the number one team in the country and got one of his plays on this highlight video. Unfortunately they lost the game by a little. His kill is at the 2 minute mark.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom