the buddy question from citrus tv | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

the buddy question from citrus tv

Status
Not open for further replies.
Disagree. If Boeheim felt they were unfairly targeting any player for trolling purposes he would’ve reacted like that.

As has been said several times b4 here, JB has thrown plenty of his players under the bus in these situations. He could have handled it far better than he did. Let's face it, he can be a complete azz in some of these pressers. If some other HC around the country acted that way he'd be called out here for sure.

So your opinion is that it is fine that the representative of our university called a college kid a ( that is what smuck means) in public? Is there anything that JB could do that you would find objectionable?

Like I said, I would have liked “punk” better.

The question was unnecessary because KB had just answered it, although he referred to freshman guards and not Buddy, by name.

Of course, you don’t have any idea of what JB said, do you? “schmuck” isn’t exactly a term used in Central NY, except by SU students from NYC that I ever heard. Yiddish insults aren’t part or My lexicon and I doubt JB uses them either.

Stop feigning outrage, Alsacs. Its transparent and in not convincing.

Maybe the first question to Tyus should have been about difficulty he had scoring down the stretch...whether he had tired legs. Or about the impact of Frank Howard's absence (which was asked).
But other than that...what other relevant question is there for Tyus?

As for Coach Boeheim...you see why he may not be a favorite of some media members.
The LAST people he should be discourteous to are the students.

That was a basic question...although probably one that should have been asked sooner.
And the follow-up should have been...if Buddy was struggling so much why not try Elijah Hughes at the 2?

All that said...it can be a good learning experience for student reporters...dealing with someone who is being nasty or a jack--.

And getting ousted from the tournament is no excuse for the coach.
I've talked with coaches whose teams were just blown out and they were professional, even engaging and realize you're just doing your job.

Listen to JB’s response to the question immediately before. He answered the question in full.

Jb has been a jerk to the media since the day he got a job. And then he goes off like a baby when they hit back. It was a fair question. The Citrus tv guy was a student. Just like Buddy.
You are vocally a huge Boeheim supporter, have been for years based on my observations on here (feels weird saying “supporter” given how much overall success he has had but you get my point, at least in terms of where you stand on this board compared to some). That said, you’ve always been very firm on this topic too, ie his interaction with the media.

You are vocally a huge Boeheim supporter, have been for years based on my observations on here (feels weird saying “supporter” given how much overall success he has had but you get my point, at least in terms of where you stand on this board compared to some). That said, you’ve always been very firm on this topic too, ie his interaction with the media.
very accurate on all counts. Jb has won in the game f life. Someone should tell him

I think the 20 year old knew exactly what reaction he would get from the 74 year old, and wasn't the least bit worried about it.

So I don't think our coach was bullying.

And I don't think the 20 year old kid was put in his place.

But as I said, this is going to come up a lot the next 3 years.

I think the 20 year old knew exactly what reaction he would get from the 74 year old, and wasn't the least bit worried about it.

So I don't think our coach was bullying.

And I don't think the 20 year old kid was put in his place.

But as I said, this is going to come up a lot the next 3 years.
Both jim and this kid have forgotten about it. I’m pretty confident there.

Part of a HC's salary pertains to going to, and answering media questions, no?

The JB defender crew is hard at work. If Coach Cal did this u guys would be barking at the moon.
It’s a nothingburger, no matter who the coach. Is anyone talking about it anywhere aside from this thread?

It’s a nothingburger, no matter who the coach. Is anyone talking about it anywhere aside from this thread?

You're right. Not like they haven't seen this movie before.

I mean it’s a good thing Buddy has such a good ACC run the noise about that performance would be way louder if that wasn’t the case. Carey forgot how to play this year. But you had to give Buddy a break in that game simply for his own sake and so he could regroup. He wasn’t totally lost on the court made some plays but Baylor was scoring at will on him and he didn’t hit any shots a few minutes of rest and catching up with the game from the bench helps everyone. His dad tossed him off the deep end.

Disagree. If Boeheim felt they were unfairly targeting any player for trolling purposes he would’ve reacted like that.

They asked about Roberson in probably half his games his senior year and never once did coach defend Roberson.

The intent of the question wasn’t bad, but the actual question was.

“Thoughts on Buddy’s performance?” is barely a question and wasn’t ever going to elicit a good answer. Kid should’ve been asking something a little deeper.

They asked about Roberson in probably half his games his senior year and never once did coach defend Roberson.
Key being: “His senior year”. Robby regressed badly when he was being heavily depended on. Buddy the freshman 2-Guard, imo, deserved more of a defense than a Senior who’d played in a F4. Just sayin...

Last edited:
Nah. Boeheim famously passionately defended McNamara.

He attacked when they were bothering Flynn with NBA questions.

Devendorf.

He’s gotten defensive and gone to bat for his guys in numerous situations.

I don’t know if some of you guys just forget. Or if you’re being dishonest because you can’t wait to play the “favors his son” card.
No that’s not me jumping on a band waggin. Jb should and coulda been better in that press. Sorry but that wasn’t cool defending his kid or someone else. The guy is a hof I get it but could ya be nice about it or not knowing that’s gonna happen. Why couldn’t he explain why his kid stayed in. I don’t really care cause I know Carey wasn’t killing it but could he have done worst with a more athletic kid not getting beat half game. Neither one was shooting well so ok let’s be best defender or get someone in who can defend better.

That might be relevant if there were anything wrong with the question.

One of the two conducted himself professionally.

The other was our 74-year-old Hall of Fame coach.
The answer to the question was already provided earlier in the presser, so it’s clear that the sole intent was to provoke JB. Don’t take my word for it, read what the Newhouse grads in this thread are saying.

If buddy wasn’t on the team... he wouldn’t have to answer these questions and more to the point...he’d have likely retired and Hopkins would be the coach

The answer to the question was already provided earlier in the presser, so it’s clear that the sole intent was to provoke JB. Don’t take my word for it, read what the Newhouse grads in this thread are saying.

I must have missed the answer to that question that was provided earlier in the presser.

I don't need to rely on others' posts to understand what a Newhouse grad thinks about JB's temper tantrum.

Status
Not open for further replies.