the buddy question from citrus tv | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

the buddy question from citrus tv

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seven pages of biotchin’ and moaning, insinuations of nepotism, and IMO, over-the-top piling on.
So many snowflakes, catching vapors over basically nothing.
I’m not condoning JB’s behavior here- but if anyone thinks that this is ONLY about some throwaway question by a kid reporter at a postgame presser, than you haven’t been paying attention. At least let’s be honest about that. Sheesh

To be frank, I resent this characterization. My perspective is that of a sportswriter (I cover boxing as a hobby), it has nothing to do with some disdain for Jim Boeheim. I’m much more a football guy, but in the context of basketball I’m a hardcore Boeheim defender in general. I voted for him in that Boeheim vs Hopkins poll in another thread.

The question was one of many valid ones which could’ve been asked. Buddy played almost 100% of the game, it’s fair to ask about his performance. What’s not fair is to insult a college student so publicly from your position as a pillar of the entire CNY community over what was ultimately a fair question.

Not surprised that certain folks don’t realize how loaded the question was. That doesn’t fit their JB narrative. The big bad bully.

I must have missed the answer to that question that was provided earlier in the presser.

I don't need to rely on others' posts to understand what a Newhouse grad thinks about JB's temper tantrum.
It was a clown question, bro.

I must have missed the answer to that question that was provided earlier in the presser.

I don't need to rely on others' posts to understand what a Newhouse grad thinks about JB's temper tantrum.
Yes, you missed the answer. JB gave it right before the last question. He identified “freshman guards” as those who made the fatal mistakes on the three’s that Baylor made to pull away in the final minutes. Now since there was only one freshman guard on the floor, it’s pretty obvious who that was.

You refusal to listen or your inability to understand shouldn’t be our problem on here.

If you listen and understand to the press conference, it may be possible for you to understand what was provocative about rage last question.

son playing for his dad is always gonna be newsworthy and is going to be discussed. get real.

The answer to the question was already provided earlier in the presser, so it’s clear that the sole intent was to provoke JB. Don’t take my word for it, read what the Newhouse grads in this thread are saying.

Even if we assume that was the kid's intent then why is it so easy to provoke JB?

The “insult” was well deserved. This is in the category of “You shouldn’t send a boy to do a man’s work”.

Townie - if JB took a dump at the podium would you find a way to commend him for his postgame presser?

The “insult” was well deserved. This is in the category of “You shouldn’t send a boy to do a man’s work”.
Have to disagree.

The coach - whether he wants to recognize it or not - is an employee of a supposed educational institution.
Again, the LAST people to whom he should be discourteous are the students whose education he and his employer are supposed to further.

Yes, his response may have served an unintentional educational purpose.
But that's no excuse for his personal behavior.
(Which I actually consider pretty mild in contrast to some things I've seen).

And covering a sadsack coach who just lost a game is certainly not "a man's work."
As so many sports reporters demonstrate every day...almost anyone can do the job.

Have to disagree.

The coach - whether he wants to recognize it or not - is an employee of a supposed educational institution.
Again, the LAST people to whom he should be discourteous are the students whose education he and his employer are supposed to further.

Yes, his response may have served an unintentional educational purpose.
But that's no excuse for his personal behavior.
(Which I actually consider pretty mild in contrast to some things I've seen).

And covering a sadsack coach who just lost a game is certainly not "a man's work."
As so many sports reporters demonstrate every day...almost anyone can do the job.

This wasn't a classroom.

JB is not an instructor. He is not hired to further anyone's education. (Do the servers in the dining halls have a similar obligation?)

At that point in time the kid was a reporter and not a student in a classroom.

This was a real live press conference for a Billion dollar Enterprise. It's the real thing. The Big Time.

That's what makes it a valuable learning experience.

But there's a downside to if it if you are not up to the task. Adults kick your butt.

zI doubt if anywhere in Boeheim's job description there a clause that says, "Must serve as punching bag for SU students at press conferences asking questions trying to stir up controversy". Especially, if in his response to the previous question, he answered it, although not on the way the kid would have liked.

Townie - if JB took a dump at the podium would you find a way to commend him for his postgame presser?

And the sad part is that you actually think that's clever.

And the sad part is that you actually think that's clever.

No the sad part is that I actually wonder if you'd EVER be critical of JB no matter the situation.

No the sad part is that I actually wonder if you'd EVER be critical of JB no matter the situation.
Another shot a me and not an argument.

But in that vein, your "take a dump" post tells me all I need to know about you.

Another shot a me and not an argument.

But in that vein, your "take a dump" post tells me all I need to know about you.

But can you point me to one of your posts over several years here where you've actually criticized JB? You're quick to go after anybody on the opposite side of a JB skirmish or anybody critical of JB, that's for sure. You're so reflexively pro JB that I could write your posts for you. You're as predictable as night follows day.

Roberson wasn't a freshman. As a senior, either you get it or you don't. For Robey, he didn't most of the year. It's indefensible.

So u think JB's reaction will be different a year or two from now if the same situation arises? lol

Even if we assume that was the kid's intent then why is it so easy to provoke JB?
Ummm...because he’s an ornery old cuss who sometimes acts like an a-hole? See how easy that is?

Yes, you missed the answer. JB gave it right before the last question. He identified “freshman guards” as those who made the fatal mistakes on the three’s that Baylor made to pull away in the final minutes. Now since there was only one freshman guard on the floor, it’s pretty obvious who that was.

You refusal to listen or your inability to understand shouldn’t be our problem on here.

If you listen and understand to the press conference, it may be possible for you to understand what was provocative about rage last question.

Well, in that case we’re in good shape.

Because “our problem” is not my “refusal to listen or ability to understand.”

Our problem is a 74-year-old coach’s inability to conduct himself professionally, and the fawning sycophants who attempt to prop up his hissy fits.

Roberson wasn't a freshman. As a senior, either you get it or you don't. For Robey, he didn't most of the year. It's indefensible.

He can be critical of others...

I'm not sure whether I'm more stoned or there is any doubt that Boeheim will see to it that Buddy is the most prolific outside shooter in SU history before they both leave together. We've already seen where he is with the zone. He's a stubborn old man.

I'm not sure whether I'm more stoned or there is any doubt that Boeheim will see to it that Buddy is the most prolific outside shooter in SU history before they both leave together. We've already seen where he is with the zone. He's a stubborn old man.

The kid can shoot - it wouldn't shock me if he sets some records.

I think JB has faith in his kid, and we needed him this year. Moving forward his minutes will depend on how the other aspects of his game develop - it's never going to be a bad thing having a sharp-shooting kid like him on the team though regardless. I don't think he's ever going to feed him minutes just for the sake of it though...

Well, in that case we’re in good shape.

Because “our problem” is not my “refusal to listen or ability to understand.”

Our problem is a 74-year-old coach’s inability to conduct himself professionally, and the fawning sycophants who attempt to prop up his hissy fits.
You really don’t get it. You apparently like to be fed meaningless pap instead of being treated like a adult with balls.

JB has earned the right not to be harassed by punks or punk supporters.

Did everyon your soccer team get a trophy?

He can be critical of others...

Patterson went on to shoot a respectable 38% aggregate over his final two years (39.7% & 36.5%) on heavy volume: about 5.3 attempts per game.

The deadeye shooter Buddy Boeheim was 35.1 percent this year.

Patterson went on to shoot a respectable 38% aggregate over his final two years (39.7% & 36.5%) on heavy volume: about 5.3 attempts per game.

The deadeye shooter Buddy Boeheim was 35.1 percent this year.

When JB made these comments about Ron, he was in the midst of shooting 17.3 for the season. His 2 year total at SYRACUSE was 21%. You're seriously comparing stats from ACC play to IUPUI? Dumb post.

Status
Not open for further replies.