The Court of Appeals has ruled in favor of Bobby Davis and Mike Lang, reinstating their lawsuit | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

The Court of Appeals has ruled in favor of Bobby Davis and Mike Lang, reinstating their lawsuit

in the court of public opinion a settlement presumes some form of guilt.....i would hate for it to go that far but this has to be fought with a bit more venom than has been exhibited thus far

No need to settle, this Court of Appeals decision only says that they are allowed to sue on grounds of defamation. The decision renders no judgment on the facts of the case. This will be sent back to the lower courts in Syracuse. This ruling has no impact on the strength of their case or the eventual outcome - this only will be allow them to file a defamation suit.

Discovery works both ways. I'd love to take the depo of these two losers, verifying how their earning capacity and livelihood has been diminished by the public assertion that they came forward in the hope of a payday. LOL. Get the history of their brushes, um, with the law. Under oath. Really. My guess is they talked to other losers in their circle of friends too. Might also make for some good discovery. Chances are it was suggested that if they recalled things a certain way, they'd get some $$$. Hey meth is costly. Again recall the context: post Sandusky not unreasonable that people might think there's a payday here.
More likely SU just writes a check of course, but this would make for great sport -- get Gloria and her local counsel out of the press mode and into a conference room with a court reporter.

Wow... with these stories in the past week it feels like a CD player that keeps skipping and repeating. It also reminds me of the Drew Carey show when they did the song "Lets Do The Timewarp Again". Maybe whomever is at the controls will get it right and adjust the year to 2003.

Just_For_Lulz_by_OmegaTexnos.jpg

As Jake correctly said, "Settle and move on."
Bet anything he doesn't. It's not in his nature." It's the most Bullshit thing I've seen in 38 years"" Not a ****ing Dime"

Last edited:
maybe eventually, after the ncaa sanctions are resolved, but settling while that is still hanging over the program would be disastrous from a PR standpoint. just gotta have the lawyers slow walk this thing until a more opportune moment arrives.
They don't even have to slow walk...the natural course will take forever!

I would think Fear of depositions will get this case settled before trial.

The ruling is a cash cow for Davis and Lang.
I really think Davis/lang should be much more afraid of depositions and discovery.

I would think Fear of depositions will get this case settled before trial.

The ruling is a cash cow for Davis and Lang.

I hope they move out of the community forever. Take the BS payoff and get the fluck out of dodge. What people think of them has nothing to do what JB said and EVERYTHING to do with how they have acted. This is about judges feeding the lawyers, as usual. Their NYC-based lawyer helping Allred is due for a cut, and they know that. Plus, the longer it's in the system, they all win. The losers are JB and everyone else that already knew this was about money and didn't need JB, or anyone else, to speak up and say it.

Our legal system is set up for legal people to get paid. My apologies to all the lawyers on here, but that's what it seems like. Nothing ever happens fast and usually isn't resolved.

#whereintheworldisberniefine

Last edited:
I hope they move out of the community forever. Take the BS payoff and get the fluck out of dodge. What people think of them has nothing to do what JB said and EVERYTHING to do with how they have acted. This is about judges feeding the lawyers, as usual. Their NYC-based lawyer helping Allred is due for a cut, and they know that. Plus, the longer it's in the system, they all win. The losers are JB and everyone else that already knew this was about money and didn't need JB, or anyone else, to speak up and say it.

Our legal system is set up for legal people to get paid. My apologies to all the lawyers on here, but that's what it seems like. Nothing ever happens fast and usually isn't resolved.

#whereintheworldisberniefine
Look, PC we get along well so I'm not offended but do Davis and Lang strike you as people having ability to pay?

So, I propose that JB's lawyers offer them a settlement, accepting blame for slander, and offering a nickel each in retribution. They should take the deal; after all, they are not in it for the money.

Look, PC we get along well so I'm not offended but do Davis and Lang strike you as people having ability to pay?
only if you accept handies as currency

Someone is paying. Gloria is billing someone. Maybe you and I? Somehow I know we (the taxpayers) are getting screwed in this scam. They obviously can't pay or they wouldn't be looking for money. ;)

the best thing that happens is u fools stop ripping a good man like calipari and go after those that need to be reprimanded.

Someone is paying. Gloria is billing someone. Maybe you and I? Somehow I know we (the taxpayers) are getting screwed in this scam. They obviously can't pay or they wouldn't be looking for money. ;)

I don't think Gloria is involved any more. She probably filed her Withdrawal as soon as the initial swell of publicity died down.

If Gloria didn't stick with the Buxom Banker she isn't going to stand by Beevis and Butthead.

But Odes could be in for a rude awakening, Lorenzana said, charging that Allred worked her case more like a photo-op than a lawsuit — a charge the big-name attorney disputed.
“The only times I saw her (Allred) was when the media was there,” she said.
Lorenzana said that Allred dumped her after the celebrity lawyer pushed for a settlement, but she wanted to press on.

The Buxom Banker

lorenzana-300x450.jpg

Last edited:
I really think Davis/lang should be much more afraid of depositions and discovery.
Davis and Lang would seem to have big problems with how each made a living during the past 30+ years. Davis seemed to live off others, at some times, lived with Hop, and someone else, so getting dispositions from people who knew them, could cause them a lot of problems. The $5000, gift from Bernie, did he pay taxes?

Contingency...but I thinkshe is gone.

Davis and Lang would seem to have big problems with how each made a living during the past 30+ years. Davis seemed to live off others, at some times, lived with Hop, and someone else, so getting dispositions from people who knew them, could cause them a lot of problems. The $5000, gift from Bernie, did he pay taxes?
Depos can be complete s**tshows for the deposed. I was deposed and all over the place and I knew what was coming!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom