the crane the crane | Page 120 | Syracusefan.com

the crane the crane

Something is better than nothing but jeez, did the person drink 3-4 Red Bulls before making this?

Haha yeah it was a little bizarre. I thought it was going to include the text of the Facebook post, which is why I posted it here in the first place. It said the following:

"We’re counting down to a historic moment in the life of the Syracuse University Dome. For the first time in 21 years, the Dome roof will be deflated. In other words, we’re going to party like it’s 1999. Stay tuned for more!"

Something is better than nothing but jeez, did the person drink 3-4 Red Bulls before making this?
I have to agree. This is something a sophomore in HS AV class would make. I continue to be mystified by the lack of stills and videos promoting the new look for the dome. Something is finally released and it is laughably bad and worthless.

Last season was a big disappointment for many fans. Our best shot to retain season ticket holders and maybe bring in some new fans, is to promote the hell out of the new look for the facility.

Please SUAD, use some common sense. Get a VR video made of the facility from the outside, focusing on the crown truss and the new roof it will support. Add in some snippets of what it will look like as the roof is built in time lapse photos, like we saw with the Olympic Stadium in London earlier in the thread. That should be phase one of the promotional efforts.

Add more VR videos later, as we get closer to opening day, showing how the new roof will look from the inside and how the new center hung scoreboard will look. Show some of the things the new LED lighting can do.

This intense secrecy makes no sense. You need to whet people’s appetite and build excitement, not pretend nothing is happening. You don’t even have to spend money on advertisements. Just release videos to the press and on the cuse.com web site. Ideally, right on the page where the live feed is now.

While you are at it, add at least one more live feed from Illick to show the dome from a camera just south of the dome. And an the link from Link Hall to that page. Make it convenient for people following the project. It is great advertising and it costs next to nothing to do.

I have to agree. This is something a sophomore in HS AV class would make. I continue to be mystified by the lack of stills and videos promoting the new look for the dome. Something is finally released and it is laughably bad and worthless. ... Get a VR video made of the facility from the outside, focusing on the crown truss and the new roof it will support. Add in some snippets of what it will look like as the roof is built in time lapse photos, like we saw with the Olympic Stadium in London earlier in the thread. That should be phase one of the promotional efforts...
I would think that there are many Newhouse students who could do something like this - and do it much better than Hayner-Hoyt’s clip.

Last edited:

Where is SU's sense of adventure?

Just let the wind help remove the dome.

Let balloonists restrain the sides and heat up the bubble to see how far they can go.

Maybe lower the roof and allow kids to use the bubble as a bounce house.

Let Hollywood do something and they can use it in a movie. There's gotta be a story in there somewhere, or at least a few good stunts.

We need a little creativity here. Especially because we are lacking our sports alternatives.

Boredom is setting it in fast...

Is there any seating replacement being done in this phase while all of the benches are ripped out?

I really hope they sell benches when they do.

Is there any seating replacement being done in this phase while all of the benches are ripped out?

I really hope they sell benches when they do.
I hope they sell them too, but no not this phase anyway.

Part time viewer first time (at least in a while) caller here

Question- I'm hearing that the old roof will be deflated in a week or so...does that mean that its going to open air for a fairly longwhile? I thought they would need to finish the crown deal before they could put a new roof on?