the crane the crane | Page 164 | Syracusefan.com

the crane the crane

View attachment 179164
Wow!
I’ve never seen two concurrent girder installations before.
Pretty cool. It takes a while to get a new girder bolted in place. They also have to cable the girder to its back stays and remove the temporary cables that held the spiral in place, along with the collar for the spiral.

At that point, on the west side, they can add another vertical spiral and another girder. Some of that might get done today.

On the east side, they have to add two more diagonal spirals before they can do another vertical. Along with cabling in the new girder and removing the cables for the vertical spiral and its collar. I don’t think they will have time to get another vertical and a girder up on that side. Maybe a vertical if things go great.

On the west side, I would think it is possible to add a vertical spiral, assuming it is on site, and perhaps even another girder. That would make @upperdeck’s dream of a 3 girder day come true. And get us down to 7 girders left.

If the spirals and girders needed to finish this are on site, or will be shortly, it looks very possible the crown truss could be finished by the end of next week.

The hope is that Walt can let go soon enough to prep and that the new white crane can do the next spiral. it takes a while to prep a girder so if they are not released and working on that before lunch i doubt it happens.

but you have to dare to dream

The hope is that Walt can let go soon enough to prep and that the new white crane can do the next spiral. it takes a while to prep a girder so if they are not released and working on that before lunch i doubt it happens.

I've dreamed of a 3-wa... wha, err, um, girder, yes, 3-girder day before too.

Rounding the corner getting ready for homestretch. The Truss has become symbolic for me. It says this thing will be over someday and will be back in our seats doing what we all love. Sure it sounds dorky but that’s how I feel.

I think it would be awesome if they could do the 2 girders and 3 spirals today. Another vertical on the west side and the 2 diagonals on the east side.

Don’t think it is in the cards to get another girder up too. A great stretch goal would be to also get a vertical spiral up on the east side, setting things up for another 2 girder day tomorrow.

I am also wondering how much of the remaining girders Walt will be able to attach. I think he can do one more and then will he be able to go beyond there considering the back stays on the west side.

The other yellow one has been working on something under Walt all morning, unloading or prepping something?

It's 1:00 P.M. and the Crainiacs hopes and dreams of yesterday have become reality today. Two girders up at the same time. Let's see what develops the afternoon. Great work! :)

The brown bendy steel bar is coming. The newer white crane has it and the crew on the scaffold of the new girder and spiral is ready to place it in position to support the girder.

The orange TBL crew is assisting at the base on the back stay and the crew on the scaffold is ready at the top.

Skylar's girder has been released and I suspect the rest of the arrowhead will hopefully be completed today.

This is the first time I have seen the steel used as a support in a diagonal placement from the end of the backstay to underneath the girder.

Steel brace has done its thing and the white crane has brought it back down. It's getting harder to see - the ceiling is only 1000'. Better weather tomorrow

The white Clark Crane has the steel bar again and this time it looks like they will be working on the opposite side of the newly installed girder. The TBL has its crew at the point of the backstay and will be working to get the other end braced under the girder where the other crew is standing on the platform. This will be a good view to watch this part of the overall corner work.

Man, all ironworkers must be unfazed by heights - there is a crewman sitting on the furthest point of the backstay 120' up waiting for something to do with this steel bar.

The TBL has now raised its one man crew up to assist the crew at the point of the back stay. Interesting that another TBL parked just in front of the door has been sitting motionless with its boom extended, bucket empty all day?

There's a second girder that was delivered today sitting on a trailer on Irving, out of sight. One of the shorter ones.

This is where a zoom function would be really nice to see more closely what each move the crew is doing. It would let us see if how this bar is being adjusted and what they are trying to accomplish the crew and crane.

The black and yellow piece must be used to install the support cables from the girders to the back stays.