the crane the crane | Page 179 | Syracusefan.com

the crane the crane

Girder spotted on 481 heading south!! Good God how enormous!
It is great to hear that Montreal is still shipping product down.

Interesting they are taking 481. I assume they do not want to try and squeeze girders down the narrow path of 81 through the city.

Probably took 81 to 481 in North Syracuse. I wonder where they get off? They surely can't take it down State Street. Probably take 81 north to the Adams St exit, then up Adams and up Irving. I assume that would be the safest, easiest way to go.

Screenshot from 2020-04-10 10-04-28.png

Not looking to be a productive day.
What a difference two days make!

interesting watching the guys walking around the ring in the snow now. they have some reason for wanting to be up there.

interesting watching the guys walking around the ring in the snow now. they have some reason for wanting to be up there.
Yup. Probably just checking what needs to be done to keep moving forward once the weather dies down.

Rumor has it that OttoMets was so excited about his visit the other day that he may have snuck in to get a closer look. ;)

It is great to hear that Montreal is still shipping product down.

Interesting they are taking 481. I assume they do not want to try and squeeze girders down the narrow path of 81 through the city.

Probably took 81 to 481 in North Syracuse. I wonder where they get off? They surely can't take it down State Street. Probably take 81 north to the Adams St exit, then up Adams and up Irving. I assume that would be the safest, easiest way to go.
Yes they were on 481S in North Syracuse. Would think they take them up Harrison instead of Adams to avoid the steep hill and turn? Either way must be a major headache being on that crew.

Yes they were on 481S in North Syracuse. Would think they take them up Harrison instead of Adams to avoid the steep hill and turn? Either way must be a major headache being on that crew.
Yes, Harrison would be a little tighter I think, turning on to Irving, but that hill is quite steep up Adams and I would guess many trucks might not be able to make it up that.

I think a story, maybe with videos and pictures, told by an enterprising journo, of a trip with a girder from Montreal to the Dome would be a great read and appreciated by many.

Just a thought for content in these content challenged times...

Unless they have some girders on site, only two more to go. This might be the reason they pretty much shut down on Wednesday.

Determining the best routes and robust debate about logistics is something that I miss with the GPS/ways era. THANK YOU

What a thought exercise. Would love to know what the final route was and how it was executed. So many interesting things to think about with the dome's location and proximity to campus. Some of the things that make it so great also create monumental headaches for the process engineers.

What a thread! Stay COVID free! GO ORANGE

And that's why the mantra for every gardener living in CNY is "Never plant anything in the ground until after Mother's Day". ;)
We used to go by first weekend of May...

Cool weather stuff can go in by April 20th if soil isn't too wet.

Shoot Hafner's used to stuff in starting about now

Gotta have the cops involved too...for traffic control

We used to go by first weekend of May...

Cool weather stuff can go in by April 20th if soil isn't too wet.

Shoot Hafner's used to stuff in starting about now
That's close to Mother's Day.
There are some vegetables that are cold weather...but not flowers.
I'm not putting anything in the ground down here yet...tomorrow morning we will be below freezing. Might have to put "newspaper robes" on the peonies.

That's close to Mother's Day.
There are some vegetables that are cold weather...but not flowers.
I'm not putting anything in the ground down here yet...tomorrow morning we will be below freezing. Might have to put "newspaper robes" on the peonies.
You know i love ya, but that's TMI