the crane the crane | Page 166 | Syracusefan.com

the crane the crane

Two TBL's booms extended with crew are up by the latest girders in particular the one on the right or the one almost on Forestry is working on seeing that all is well at the end of and beneath the girder.

Yesireeee folks, it is another spiral hoisted by Skylar high above Forestry being maneuvered to the next position on the crown truss.

The crew in the TBL that was seeing to the last girder up on the west side turning the corner is slowly descending to the driveway. A QUESTION >>>> Does anyone know what the other TBL is parked in front of the blue overhead door, boom extended to the girder and is sitting there with no one in it's bucket???????<<<<<

would love to see 2 more spirals today one on each side.. that would bring the 3 girder play back into scope.. looks like it may never happen

And now the other TBL with one crew is ascending again, I am assuming, to the last girder installed. they are transferring material and other items to the scaffold below the girder. Done - and descending again.

Last edited:
There's a spiral on a truck near Skylar. I expect it to go up to complete the supports for the latest girder on the South East corner.
And the spiral's up.

Some more prep work... hopefully they can work on some more spirals & girders on Monday.

Holy Mackeral Andy - there was someone in the TBL above the blue overhead door and now they are descending. Coulda fooled me and that ain't hard to do.

would love to see 2 more spirals today one on each side.. that would bring the 3 girder play back into scope.. looks like it may never happen
agreed... at least Walt's side.

It looked like the west took a long time to get the girder cables in place, the spiral cables removed and the girders aligned properly. But it looks like they have completed that. I can just see the edge of the work area next to Walt and it looks like a spiral was recently placed there.

I am going to assume it is now being outfitted with a collar and we will see it put in place as the next vertical on the west side.

Maybe, if we are lucky, a vertical spiral will go up on the east side before the end of the day as well, setting the stage for tomorrow to be a 2 girder day.

I am also wondering how much of the remaining girders Walt will be able to attach. I think he can do one more and then will he be able to go beyond there considering the back stays on the west side.
I think Walt could move away from the dome and actually extend his reach. Walt can extend a long way as long as there's room for his lower section to "lean"...

I think Walt could move away from the dome and actually extend his reach. Walt can extend a long way as long as there's room for his lower section to "lean"...
Agree. I believe Walt is long enough to at least place the middle girder on the south wall (there are 5).

There are advantages being 600 feet tall. This should not be a problem.

Agree. I believe Walt is long enough to at least place the middle girder on the south wall (there are 5).

There are advantages being 600 feet tall. This should not be a problem.
1586026702822.png

It looked like the west took a long time to get the girder cables in place, the spiral cables removed and the girders aligned properly. But it looks like they have completed that. I can just see the edge of the work area next to Walt and it looks like a spiral was recently placed there.

I am going to assume it is now being outfitted with a collar and we will see it put in place as the next vertical on the west side.

Maybe, if we are lucky, a vertical spiral will go up on the east side before the end of the day as well, setting the stage for tomorrow to be a 2 girder day.
Sure does look like the ends of two spirals at the far end of the yard we used to be able to see. But I don't think we're going to see one go up before the end of the day - but if the collars are attached one still could be going up. Hope so. However, it looks like everything is shut down.

Spiral and Girder Weather
4/5 Sunday

58°Hi

Variable cloudiness with a shower in spots

Max UV Index: 2 Low

Wind: WNW at 6 mph

Wind Gusts: 8 mph

Probability of Precipitation: 42%

Probability of Thunderstorms: 20%

Precipitation: 0.03 in

Rain: 0.03 in

Snow: 0.0 in

Ice: 0.00 in

Hours of Precipitation: 1

Hours of Rain: 1

Spiral and Girder Weather
Monday
4/6

64°Hi

Times of clouds and sun

Max UV Index: 7 High

Wind: SE at 5 mph

Wind Gusts: 9 mph

Probability of Precipitation: 2%

Probability of Thunderstorms: 0%

Precipitation: 0.00 in

Rain: 0.00 in

Snow: 0.0 in

Ice: 0.00 in

A Walt spiral being attached. Maybe a girder to follow. Skylar is also busy and maybe a spiral and girder there today.

did the camere get tweaked a bit? I dont recall seeing 2 spirals under walt last night when it shut down but maybe i wasnt looking?

Got that spiral up quick and Walt has the line down to something so maybe hidden girder behind door #2..

That spiral probably belongs to the arrowhead that will support the next girder that Walt attaches

should just leave it open. the diehards will come watch BBall anyway.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JYCUSE12

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom