the crane the crane | Page 290 | Syracusefan.com

the crane the crane

I know this has been discussed but if there was any consideration to update the cosmetic side of this stadium, a red brick coating on the side walls would look good. Irrelevant I understand but would look great. That along with lights along the “roller coaster.” Anyone got $1-2 million they can contribute to make this happen?

I’ve been saying that to myself for a week now. Was afraid to say anything. Thought it was my eyes
I had some business to take care of today right near the hill so I decided to go up and take some more pics. I’ll post them tonight or tomorrow. The steel we’re talking about is definitely not in line, but... I believe it’s actually part of the design. I walked around the whole dome. It looked like the the northwest and northeast corners have the same bent staggered design, where they meet at the north midpoint of the dome. Although they are already covered with the panels so it is a little difficult to see. But that was my conclusion. Couldn’t get a good shot of the southeast corner, but I assume it’s the same. So at least it’s probably a uniform design and they didn’t just fluck up that one corner like I originally thought.

5A623E35-388D-432A-AEB9-6A344F351E78.jpeg

19E72CB3-E421-451A-813E-1072588B1DCA.jpeg
2199917A-C26A-48C0-B7F6-F782FCC9788B.jpeg
93217898-938C-40CC-AEDC-299A90D6D10F.jpeg

I know this has been discussed but if there was any consideration to update the cosmetic side of this stadium, a red brick coating on the side walls would look good. Irrelevant I understand but would look great. That along with lights along the “roller coaster.” Anyone got $1-2 million they can contribute to make this happen?

Now that’s a great idea

Awesome pics. Thank you clayman32
Yes, great pics. They certainly show that the PTFE section of the roof will be more visible than I was thinking yesterday.

You can also clearly see that they are laying down a cable/rope grid from the metal pieces welded on the tops of the arcs. Not sure what that is all about but that grid is in place just about throughout the whole network of arcs. Maybe it is there to help support the fabric?

clayman32 has some really good pictures of the 2 lines of arcs that run east-west and north-south. I think those are the ones with the big circles hanging from them. At one point, I thought this was cabling for power or the center hung scoreboard. But it looks like these are short, thick cables that are not connected to each other. They look almost like giant ear rings right now. I have no idea what they are.

Was also intrigued by one picture Clay took of a black box like device that was being brought up to the roof. Anyone know what this is? It looks like it might have electronics in it. I was thinking maybe a controller for the lights or the sound system? I can’t imagine it would have something to do with AC up in the roof.

I think NJCuse97 suggested they might be installing something to help melt ice along the border between the PTFE and hard shell sections of the roof. My best guess is that this box has something to do with that. Maybe a boiler to heat up water?

486771B9-2C39-4877-AF0C-0B4A7078EE6B.jpeg

Great pics
fill the spaces between the girders(?) with panels of graphic art that can change periodically, showing the history of the school ,the city and surounding counties, onondaga nation history, harriet tubman. womens sufferage etc etc .--many possibilities---just brain storming this am

Wow - what great pics! Helps those of us out of state get a much better feel for the change.
Much different impression than from the cameras!
Thanks
You get to see how massive the beams are. From a distance, it’s hard to see what it’s like trying to walk around up there.

Looking at these pictures, it shows that the first layer of blue/gray is not smooth but
has ridges. It looks like it unfolds like an accordion. I’m sure It makes it much easier and safer to walk on. There’s no way we can see that from the distant cameras. The job looks more daunting up close than afar.

if you scroll down the pictures, we could see all the coiled up “wires” near the top. It’s not for electrical but they are actually attaching cables from arc to arc. Some of it is completed. There’s also additional cables from the outside arcs that attach to the solid roof that they are now completing. It’s very intricate.

Yes, great pics. They certainly show that the PTFE section of the roof will be more visible than I was thinking yesterday.

You can also clearly see that they are laying down a cable/rope grid from the metal pieces welded on the tops of the arcs. Not sure what that is all about but that grid is in place just about throughout the whole network of arcs. Maybe it is there to help support the fabric?

clayman32 has some really good pictures of the 2 lines of arcs that run east-west and north-south. I think those are the ones with the big circles hanging from them. At one point, I thought this was cabling for power or the center hung scoreboard. But it looks like these are short, thick cables that are not connected to each other. They look almost like giant ear rings right now. I have no idea what they are.

Was also intrigued by one picture Clay took of a black box like device that was being brought up to the roof. Anyone know what this is? It looks like it might have electronics in it. I was thinking maybe a controller for the lights or the sound system? I can’t imagine it would have something to do with AC up in the roof.

I think NJCuse97 suggested they might be installing something to help melt ice along the border between the PTFE and hard shell sections of the roof. My best guess is that this box has something to do with that. Maybe a boiler to heat up water?

View attachment 187014
Maybe a fan coil unit for the new heat/AC. Hard to tell.

looks like today is a indoor day or off day
There were some people working in the Northeast corner earlier today. It looks like they were just getting materials ready to lay down the top white layer on Monday.