the crane the crane | Page 291 | Syracusefan.com

the crane the crane

Great pictures very high quality for sure. Just looks like it could never be finished in time for the opener... oh yeah we all know the fate of that game :(

There’s no way there’s an off day at this juncture. I’d believe it’s going 24/7 at this point.

There’s no way there’s an off day at this juncture. I’d believe it’s going 24/7 at this point.
They have done nothing trying to put more layer 2 up today. They have done nothing trying to complete layer 1 in the SW gap. I see a couple of workers in the SW corner who appear to be cleaning up the layer 1 install, prepping for layer 2. This morning, they finished breaking down crane 5b and drove it away.

Not sure what the plan is to get the layer 2 materials up top in the SW corner. Maybe the plan is to move the crane in the NE corner over there? It should be done with its work in that corner shortly.

They have done nothing trying to put more layer 2 up today. They have done nothing trying to complete layer 1 in the SW gap. I see a couple of workers in the SW corner who appear to be cleaning up the layer 1 install, prepping for layer 2. This morning, they finished breaking down crane 5b and drove it away.

Not sure what the plan is to get the layer 2 materials up top in the SW corner. Maybe the plan is to move the crane in the NE corner over there? It should be done with its work in that corner shortly.

there’s work to be done inside to.

I know this has been discussed but if there was any consideration to update the cosmetic side of this stadium, a red brick coating on the side walls would look good. Irrelevant I understand but would look great. That along with lights along the “roller coaster.” Anyone got $1-2 million they can contribute to make this happen?
They plan to go with a natural look... reclaimed wood barnsiding.

They can probably use a smaller crane or the interior cranes to get those materials up there. Can't see it being a huge issue.

Yes, great pics. They certainly show that the PTFE section of the roof will be more visible than I was thinking yesterday.

You can also clearly see that they are laying down a cable/rope grid from the metal pieces welded on the tops of the arcs. Not sure what that is all about but that grid is in place just about throughout the whole network of arcs. Maybe it is there to help support the fabric?

clayman32 has some really good pictures of the 2 lines of arcs that run east-west and north-south. I think those are the ones with the big circles hanging from them. At one point, I thought this was cabling for power or the center hung scoreboard. But it looks like these are short, thick cables that are not connected to each other. They look almost like giant ear rings right now. I have no idea what they are.

Was also intrigued by one picture Clay took of a black box like device that was being brought up to the roof. Anyone know what this is? It looks like it might have electronics in it. I was thinking maybe a controller for the lights or the sound system? I can’t imagine it would have something to do with AC up in the roof.

I think NJCuse97 suggested they might be installing something to help melt ice along the border between the PTFE and hard shell sections of the roof. My best guess is that this box has something to do with that. Maybe a boiler to heat up water?

View attachment 187014

The black box is in case it crashes - they'll retrieve that and it will tell them what happened.

Caught this rainbow just a few minutes ago..

1598731263855.png

Nice picture. I believe that today was the day the hard shell part of the roof moved to 50% fully complete, at least as far the exterior TPO surface. There are only a couple of sections remaining before layer 1 is 100% complete.

My guess is that layer 1 will get finished late on Monday. It will be interesting to see if the remaining half of the hard shell can be completed in the week the roofers have left to meet their goal. That looks like it will be possible but tough to do.

The forecast for next week looks very good. Right now, it looks like there might be some rain on Wednesday afternoon but otherwise, it looks close to ideal.

To meet the 6 week goal, all the PTFE would need to get done next week as well. Given that they haven’t started it, that seems really unlikely. That process should be far more simple than the hard shell, but there are, I believe, 64 sections that need to get covered. Looking forward to seeing how they put the PTFE up. And what color it is.

25980B08-B02B-4AFF-A811-95E63A6FBAE8.jpeg

Last edited:
While roofers are working on filling the gap on the south side of the dome, much activity happening on the west side of the dome. Many roofers walking around the netting and a new piece of equipment on the edge of the hard shell.

the crew on the northern side of dome of going to town getting the 2nd and final layer installed