the crane the crane | Page 330 | Syracusefan.com

the crane the crane

scoreboard 2.jpg

Those that were so concerned that the scoreboard was hanging too low can relax. It looks to be over 100 feet above the playing field now.

You can really see the concave shape of the 4 main scoreboards in this photo, and the 10 foot boards installed diagonally where the 4 corners would be. I was not expecting the scoreboard to be open in the middle, which gives people the ability to see whatever is being played displayed on the opposite side of the scoreboard.

Nice!

Those that were so concerned that the scoreboard was hanging too low can relax. It looks to be over 100 feet above the playing field now.

You can really see the concave shape of the 4 main scoreboards in this photo, and the 10 foot boards installed diagonally where the 4 corners would be. I was not expecting the scoreboard to be open in the middle, which gives people the ability to see whatever is being played displayed on the opposite side of the scoreboard.

Nice!

It's similar to the new scoreboard in SoFi Stadium, just a little smaller.

It's another video board. It'll say Syracuse Football or Basketball or Lacrosse or whatever they want.

Picture in Picture !!!

Having no ability to see it in person / from the stands, it certainly feels like a waste of money, because I feel like 80-90% of the stands won't be able to see the other side due to angles involved. However, if most people actually can see, then it is probably an excellent touch and well worthwhile investment.

The roof project was by far the most important item. I think in hindsight it was appropriate to push seating off till later. They had such a tight window to make it happen and you have to focus in on the highest priority items. The partial AC was a pleasant surprise and will be appreciated for those that feel it.

seattlefan is correct on seating. It'll be very hard to do individual seats in the upper level. Also, he correctly noted that bench seating is fairly common in college stadiums.

UNC made the switch, I believe, from terrible benches to seats.

solid colors look great when empty but orange would show the empties.. I wonder if studies would show some mixed color seating would have a better effect but you dont ever see that done.

I would think though you could do something where the seats were one color when used and the bottoms different color to make it look sat in if they really wanted to make it hard to tell

The Superdome had this for years, I don't know if they still do. It's effective, though a little ugly when there are too many empties.

I heard they were discussing installing individual seats during this phase but decided against it.

Obviously no one could have predicted we would not have fans this season but Phase 1 would have been the perfect time to install the new seats since the benches were already removed and the box office staff would have had plenty of time to relocate season ticket holders.

with this they were also going to raise the prices of season tickets, I think Syracuse realized now wasn’t the time to raise prices on season tickets.

MetLife stadium also uses multi colored gray seats, some are light gray and some are dark gray.

it’s not uncommon anymore to have multicolored seats

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom