The Devo & Kris Jo Show | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

The Devo & Kris Jo Show

I loved them channeling their inner Grumpy Old Men while complaining about today’s “entitled” players as it pertains to the portal.

Favorite moment was when Devo said (in response to rumors about our former guys) “anybody who transfers to Georgetown has no self-respect”

Exhibit 1000 why we love Devo.

I loved them channeling their inner Grumpy Old Men while complaining about today’s “entitled” players as it pertains to the portal.

Favorite moment was when Devo said (in response to rumors about our former guys) “anybody who transfers to Georgetown has no self-respect”

did devo imply some of these guys are gonna end up at the same school? i think he mightve

did devo imply some of these guys are gonna end up at the same school? i think he mightve
I think he referred to rumors to that effect. He did that a couple of times with varying things, almost like he read posts on this board. I assume that Eric has better inside info than most of us and if he does, I assume he wouldn't share the truly good stuff on his podcast.

He also called out comments in the chat that claimed Taylor was transferring because he got booed at that game and took a lot of criticism on social media. Devo laughed that off and said that was weak. He was basically like, if that’s why you’re transferring, you should go then. If you want to play at this level, you need to toughen up mentally. Players deal with fan criticism and nastiness all the time. He said he dealt with all kinds of craziness and comments from fans and opposing players. I appreciate the real talk from both these guys.

He also called out comments in the chat that claimed Taylor was transferring because he got booed at that game and took a lot of criticism on social media. Devo laughed that off and said that was weak. He was basically like, if that’s why you’re transferring, you should go then. If you want to play at this level, you need to toughen up mentally. Players deal with fan criticism and nastiness all the time. He said he dealt with all kinds of craziness and comments from fans and opposing players. I appreciate the real talk from both these guys.
Devo did say that, although Kris was far more sympathetic to Justin regarding the fans.

As for me, there is no way to easily shrug off being boo’d by your own student section when you are being introduced on your own home court. I align more with Kris on that one.

I''m in the minority but listening to Devo curse isn't my thing anymore. Enjoy the conversation but hate the technique.
Kinda gets me every time he does but it won’t stop me from checking him out time to time. Seems like the only guy in the area that says what everyone else is thinking, that includes every local reporter, Axe was fired and I personally thought he was an SU mark.

This has turned into a completely different rant but SU should really pay the media, they’ve really softened the blow the past decade, not much difference in reporting the past 10-15 years.

Devo did say that, although Kris was far more sympathetic to Justin regarding the fans.

As for me, there is no way to easily shrug off being boo’d by your own student section when you are being introduced on your own home court. I align more with Kris on that one.
Devo also said he knows Justin and is a great kid. The students are gonna be idiots. You have to ignore that. Most Syracuse fans and season ticket holders appreciate Justin’s hard work, his defense and rebounding, and great attitude.

Devo also said he knows Justin and is a great kid. The students are gonna be idiots. You have to ignore that. Most Syracuse fans and season ticket holders appreciate Justin’s hard work, his defense and rebounding, and great attitude.

Their point was pretty clear...and they would know much better than you or I or ANYONE else on this board who likes to use fan reaction as an excuse as they actually played at this level...you need to learn how to overcome it, it's going to happen when/if you go pro.

I can’t recall the students ever booing one of our guys before. I also don’t think that is the reason Taylor hit the portal.

They also had a lot to say about Q as well.

I can’t recall the students ever booing one of our guys before. I also don’t think that is the reason Taylor hit the portal.

They also had a lot to say about Q as well.
I don’t agree with this. There were a lot of boos over the previous two seasons before this one.

Devo said Q putting his name in the portal was a shock? Everything I’ve read from the insiders on this site made it sound like it was well known in the Cuse family.Maybe Devo isn’t as connected to the program as I thought he was.

Most years I would’ve wanted him stuck to the bench, this year I didn’t care he played 20+, was nice to see someone other than Brown play defense and effort.

Devo said Q putting his name in the portal was a shock? Everything I’ve read from the insiders on this site made it sound like it was well known in the Cuse family.Maybe Devo isn’t as connected to the program as I thought he was.

You have to listen to get all the context. It was within the bigger conversation about if / why people portal.

You have to listen to get all the context. It was within the bigger conversation about if / why people portal.
Did he discuss anything about Q being a bad egg as has been alluded to here?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom