The Devo & Kris Jo Show | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

The Devo & Kris Jo Show

Did he discuss anything about Q being a bad egg as has been alluded to here?

IMO, they didn't get personal with anyone leaving. They very much kept harping on the basketball situation / the basketball component of it and working through challenges vs jumping ship.

They did talk about how his type of passing/playing with a lot of flare isn't going to work. That he needed to be able to shoot, make the right play, etc.

Overall, they talked about what you needed to be and what you needed to do to succeed at Syracuse/high major level.

Devo, for instance, went out of his way to compliment JT as a person.

IMO, they didn't get personal with anyone leaving. They very much kept harping on the basketball situation / the basketball component of it and working through challenges vs jumping ship.

They did talk about how his type of passing/playing with a lot of flare isn't going to work. That he needed to be able to shoot, make the right play, etc.

Overall, they talked about what you needed to be and what you needed to do to succeed at Syracuse/high major level.

Devo, for instance, went out of his way to compliment JT as a person.
While he did compliment JT he did question Q a lot, especially with maturity. You could tell he was biting his tongue, Eric has an awful poker face.

I thought their commentary on Q was fair without being mean.
I think the words they used would piss me off a ton if I was a player, especially if I’m blind to what everyone in the world thinks except myself and a handful of dolts.

I don’t think they were mean at all, but like you said, they were quite close, especially for how they usually talk about players.

While he did compliment JT he did question Q a lot, especially with maturity. You could tell he was biting his tongue, Eric has an awful poker face.

Yes, he kind of implied that Copeland would get all emotional about being yelled at by the coach. Devo was basically saying, you shouldn't be impulsive. You're giving up being a part of the Cuse family after graduation. Said, I never would have had a chance to come back and build my career here if I had checked out when times were rough my freshman and sophomore years. The grass isn't always greener. New coaches, new school, new teachers, new teammates, and you're leaving friends behind.

Copeland is gonna be a dominant force in TBT for Boeheim's Army in like 8 years.

Copeland is gonna be a dominant force in TBT for Boeheim's Army in like 8 years.

If Copeland gets his head on straight, he could be a terrific college player. Too bad it will be for somebody else. I hope he goes to Villanova, La Salle, Temple, one of those Philly schools.

Does the Devo and Kris Jo podcast end when the season ends? Last year they had a podcast on April 19th, hoping to get their takes on the transfers in/out and new coach etc.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom