The difference between Duke tonight and Cuse last night? | Syracusefan.com

The difference between Duke tonight and Cuse last night?

Dogfight tonight.

People over reacted last night. Its tough to replace guys year after year and expect guys to pick up where they left off last year.

'swhat i'm sayin.

yea defintely.. 20 point average... struggle city.

If you dont think we have struggled in all 4 games, I have to question if you have watched any of the games.

And it is not a 20 point avg... It is 15.5. That is almost 25% off, thats pretty significant rounding error.

Our wins have come against some really bad teams 0-4 cornell, 0-2 colgate, 2-1 fordham, and 2-2 sfny.

Duke is also playing in their second game in as many days. Not making excuses for them but if we had done the same we would be saying the same thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We have struggled to put together a full game against inferior teams. I'm not saying we didn't get the win, I'm not saying we won't get better, I'm not saying Ennis should already be dropping 20 and 10, I'm not saying we should be able to replace our three key contributors from last year's squad right off the bat, I'm not saying we should already know what roles everyone is going to play on the team.

What I, and others, are saying is: we have struggled against inferior teams. That's it.

If you dont think we have struggled in all 4 games, I have to question if you have watched any of the games.

And it is not a 20 point avg... It is 15.5. That is almost 25% off, thats pretty significant rounding error.

Our wins have come against some really bad teams 0-4 cornell, 0-2 colgate, 2-1 fordham, and 2-2 sfny.
Colgate was up for most of the game against wake forest they suck but still an ACC opponent, they also return 8 guys. St francis beat Miami, another ACCteam. These may not be great upsets but they are still high d1 level teams. Have you watched any games?

We know, you're worried.

For some reason I highly doubt you would be making that excuse.

If we lost yesterday's game after playing the day before I would without a doubt use that as a reason for a performance like last nights.

I don't know if you ever played basketball but playing 2 nights in a row is very tough, especially at this level.

If we lost yesterday's game after playing the day before I would without a doubt use that as a reason for a performance like last nights.

I don't know if you ever played basketball but playing 2 nights in a row is very tough, especially at this level.

There should be no excuse for poor play ever!

There should be no excuse, ever!

So a fresh team vs a team who played the night before is even?

You still have to win the game but guys are obviously going to be tired. There's also the coaches who need to manage the minutes correctly as well. It's not an excuse but it's defiantly something to take into account.

So a fresh team vs a team who played the night before is even?

You still have to win the game but guys are obviously going to be tired. There's also the coaches who need to manage the minutes correctly as well. It's not an excuse but it's defiantly something to take into account.

I can say the same for a young talented team playing their first 4 games together that's just as much a handicap. Also, these guys play all the time, 2 games in a row is nothing , 3 or 4 games in a row then you are speaking my language.

I can say the same for a young talented team playing their first 4 games together. Also, these guys play all the time, 2 games in a row is nothing , 3 or 4 games in a row then you are speaking my language.

I don't know what you're trying to debate. I think the Orange are the way they are right now because they're young. I also think their uber talented. You should probably read my posts. Just because I don't think some of the freshman aren't going to get minutes doesn't mean I'm negative, I just don't think they will because of the 35 years of data given to us by our coach.

You may think I'm slighting some of our young guys by saying they shouldn't get minutes but I'm just saying we have more capable taking up their minutes. If you think I'm slighting them, then you're doing the same exact thing in the opposite direction. This isn't t-ball, everybody doesn't get to play and our hall of fame coach is going to play with who gives us the best chance to win. What exactly are you debating?

I can make excuses for Syracuse, just as you did for Duke.

I'm not making excuses for anybody. Facts are facts. But if you're going to make excuses at least be fair with them.

I hope we aren't making too many excuses on the second night in Maui, or (hopefully) the third.

Duke's performance tonight gave me more hope for our guys.

I hope we aren't making too many excuses on the second night in Maui, or (hopefully) the third.

Duke's performance tonight gave me more hope for our guys.

Duke has better players than we do and its not really close.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom