Class of 2015 - The future Vs this year. | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2015 The future Vs this year.

If Scotty could engineer an upset of LSU next year all will be forgiven. Give them no tape to study.

LSU is losing sleep right now trying to figure it out.
I guarantee you that you and I are going to hate it. The board will like it until we hit conference play. Oh well, the D will be fun to watch - and they are going to be on the field a lot - a lot.

It can't be any worse than this year. His offense should be easier to run and I'd rather take our chances with Irv, McFarlane and GM3 touching the ball a lot more. I'm sure Ish will be the focal point on Offense and maybe a healthy Estime and Broyld can actually prove something in their careers.

It's neither here nor there, but beating LSU will come down to gaining 3-4 yards on every running play. It's going to be tough, but we've seen Hunt make some pretty decent drives against good defenses.

maybe a healthy Estime and Broyld can actually prove something in their careers.
As much as I want to believe this can happen, I remain skeptical. Usually when guys are hurt as much as they are, regardless of the types of injuries, they keep getting hurt. Some guys seem to be snakebit, really.

I see someone started drinking heavily early in the morning...
Please don't tell me you think Long could take this team down the field against LSU.

Please don't tell me you think Long could take this team down the field against LSU.

Joe Montana would have trouble taking this team down the field with our current cast of players against LSU.

IMO the defense will be good for the forseeable future. The offense will be contingent on players stepping up vs anything our coaches can teach them. Who will be the group living in the IPF? Good news is quite a few of our younger players (read this years class, and last years) appear to be gym rats. Not to say existing players are not but I'm putting a lot of stock in having the IPF up and running and younger players taking full advantage.

Hopefully we have enough of that type on both sides of the ball to run skelly all offseason and raise the profile of both sides of the passing game.

I seen a bunch of people discussing in other threads the problems of this year and wanted to jump in but figured I'd start a post about it instead of extending kids threads with stuff not about that kid.

First I would like to say how i think it must be very difficult for a coaching staff to take over and make a successful team. Imagine having an idea of how a team should be run and a vision of what you would coach the kids to do expect that the kids you have to coach are kids put in place by someone with a different vision.

It seems to have worked on the defense...so why is that. HCSS and Coach Bullough are both defense minds and pretty good at it. The kids that were in place when they took their new positions were kinda their kids anyway. HCSS had picked these players with the past staff and picked Coach Bullough as a like minded coach. So it does make sense the defense would be ok. ( One reason I cant wait for Shy to be there)

But offense is a different problem. These kids that were here where put in for a different coach and coordinator. Different philosophies with the wrong kids there to achieve those goals. Last year seemed to have some success with the seniors. So this year why the drop off? I would mostly blame injuries here. When you lose kids last year and then lose a bunch this year to injury like they did it would be very hard to put an offense out there that would be viable. At that point you are using the seniors as much as you can for their talent and experience but now putting them with younger kids you brought in for a different style offense...then switch offense coordinator and style mid year. Not much chance for any type of routine to be established.

That said I can't really find a place to get exact stats and I am sure one of you guys could find it and figure it out quicker than I... But I am pretty sure 4 games this year were lost inside the 20 yard line. I know the FSU game they would have won had they scored on the drives that stalled inside the 20 or got in the end zone instead of kicking field goals. Like I said I am sure some one could tell me exactly what games would have been won or lost from this...but my point is they were only the red zone issues away from their win loss goal for the year.

So now for the future...where does this leave the team. This year will be really the first class of all HCSS kids on defense and mostly his offense recruits. The switch to Lester will add an xfactor here...we can see where the recruiting changed when he came in. The change at tight end is the most noticeable so far for immediate impact. This will give the team more short throw size and seems to add alot to the running game from blocking. The recruitment of the Qb seems to signal a change in style coming but when will that make its impact felt next year...probably not with the existing qbs on the roster. Receivers seem to be a little short with the kids that didn't materialize for one reason or another but Ishmal looks like he will be good no matter what Qb is in place. Estime will be good. From there it will just be how the younger kids that haven't been in much will perform. . Will the tight ends and running backs be more prevalent in the new offense? It seems as if Phillips and incoming Strickland are pretty capable in the short pass or running out of the back field game so I think that will help the game inside the 20. That with the large tight end set should improve the scoring. The new Oline recruits seem very impressive...especially after talking with the O line coach during our visit.. He was really excited about the new speed and size he was recruiting. I see the Qb getting more time for passing and the outside run getting much better combining the line and backs.

So really the only question is...how long for the young guns to shine? I think next year will be the defense is still very good causing lots of turn overs and making stops and my personal favorite more sacks. I see the defense spending less time on the field and less fatigue at the end of the game allowing more consistency from start to finish. I see the offense growing maybe a slow start but getting better and better each week. All and all I see the new recruits playing a big part next year especially on offense. I see the team getting 10 wins and some of those will be games they will be expected to lose. I am looking forward to watching Shy play there and this team being very successful...after all I am from Patriots country..we don't know how to lose here! GO ORANGE!

I haven't responded to any of your posts but by far this one is your best. I'm in agreement with you plus we have to give OCTL his chance next year. Many have written him off - I haven't. Also fans here forget that HCSS was once a D3 QB himself if I'm not mistaken so those 2 I hope get to the same level on O as DCCB & HCSS are on D.

I for one consider this year simply a punt. I also know the ACC classes have far more team speed that our BE classes - you can see it on field and confirmed by the frosh class at least those that I have talked to - they told me they to a man practically outrun the upperclassman in practice drills.

We have much to look forward to especially looking forward to seeing your kid in action. Amen bro!

I haven't responded to any of your posts but by far this one is your best. I'm in agreement with you plus we have to give OCTL his chance next year. Many have written him off - I haven't. Also fans here forget that HCSS was once a D3 QB himself if I'm not mistaken so those 2 I hope get to the same level on O as DCCB & HCSS are on D.

I for one consider this year simply a punt. I also know the ACC classes have far more team speed that our BE classes - you can see it on field and confirmed by the frosh class at least those that I have talked to - they told me they to a man practically outrun the upperclassman in practice drills.

We have much to look forward to especially looking forward to seeing your kid in action. Amen bro!
I think they played with leather helmets when Shaf was a QB.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom