The G.O.A.T. "debate" | Syracusefan.com

The G.O.A.T. "debate"

I think you have a better chance of evaluation between eras with advanced stats and analytics now, but I agree with his point for the most part.

I think dominance, relative to the era, is always key.

I think you have a better chance of evaluation between eras with advanced stats and analytics now, but I agree with his point for the most part.

I think dominance, relative to the era, is always key.

Be careful, that kind of thinking caused this:

ap5903010162_custom-eb0ba441a1c8100d268e6956a27ec5f3b93209c4-s1100-c15.jpg

My two favorite players in more than 50 years of being an NBA fan: Wilt and LeBron. Wilt was overshadowed by Russell and his cast of stars, but Wilt a superior player, in my humble opinion.

My two favorite players in more than 50 years of being an NBA fan: Wilt and LeBron. Wilt was overshadowed by Russell and his cast of stars, but Wilt a superior player, in my humble opinion.
If I'm starting a team from scratch my first pick is Wilt. If he had a Celtics' type cast, I doubt G.O.A.T. would be up for much discussion.

I remember Wilt most vividly as a Laker and thought he was pretty awesome and intimidating even then. I'm surprised he is becoming more and more an afterthought to some when discussing the all-time greats. I guess time marches on.

FWIW, Wilt and Doctor J are my personal favorites.