The Jim Boeheim Show - before Pitt 2 | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

The Jim Boeheim Show - before Pitt 2

There definitely are times when the "hitch" or "hesitation" is more pronounced.

It could be the product of a jump shot where the power of the jump is generated partly with the upswing of the arms since it is happening simultaneously. Some guys do this to get a higher jump but it may disproportionately distribute power to the arms.

Some guys are fairly stationary and have a very fluid motion from the floor all the way to the fingertips. Like Lydon, he sometimes seemed flatfooted but others time, noticeably got some air, always smooth form. Frank actually has a beautiful jump shot and gets up really good without corrupting his motion, so well that it can look like a set shot. Moten had a fluid motion as well but didn't get off the floor much. But Battle is definitely jump shooting and going for the air time.

Also, I think if you start with a set shot it might take time to figure out how to guage the power generated by jumping, controlling the extra power going through to the arms so you don't overshoot. This looks to me like what is causing the hitch in Battle's shot.

There definitely are times when the "hitch" or "hesitation" is more pronounced.

It could be the product of a jump shot where the power of the jump is generated partly with the upswing of the arms since it is happening simultaneously. Some guys do this to get a higher jump but it may disproportionately distribute power to the arms.

Some guys are fairly stationary and have a very fluid motion from the floor all the way to the fingertips. Like Lydon, he sometimes seemed flatfooted but others time, noticeably got some air, always smooth form. Frank actually has a beautiful jump shot and gets up really good without corrupting his motion, so well that it can look like a set shot. Moten had a fluid motion as well but didn't get off the floor much. But Battle is definitely jump shooting and going for the air time.

Also, I think if you start with a set shot it might take time to figure out how to guage the power generated by jumping, controlling the extra power going through to the arms so you don't overshoot. This looks to me like what is causing the hitch in Battle's shot.
Such a great post.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom