The latest all encompassing recruiting thread | Page 22 | Syracusefan.com

The latest all encompassing recruiting thread

That's the argument that schools who miss out on bowl games make!
You have to be able to see the difference between a team missing a bowl with a losing record versus one that has averaged 10 wins a year under their current coach.

I hope he chooses to be the man here and part a of a resurgence instead of just another guy there.

Don't you think we'd be stressing out if the ACC threw in the towel while the B1G forged on?
Being on stage is better for recruiting than hiding in a safe place.
You can argue not playing can leave more optimism than playing against a brutal schedule. Schiano can keep going around telling recruits he's undefeated this year.

I love watching tape. I'm not a coach, though, so when I get insights from friends in the industry, or folks like Money and JackBauer and a few others on this board it teaches me something. And allows me to get an idea of how a kid will look in Orange.

Wish we had more of that is all I'm saying.
Whatever happened to JerseyOrange?

nothing personal but I don’t know how accurate that info is. There is nothing particular about how SU is closing in on him. Insiders to information usually lay out some particulars and I would love to be wrong here, but until I hear something as to why they are getting closer on him, I’m assuming he’s not going to SU

How many burner accounts do you have, Bnoro?

We are a "live underdog for young Mr Rooks"!!!!! At one point he was 90% Mich. Now it seems he has some questions about Mich and is really looking at PN ST and and Cuse. It seems he is lets say 50% Mich and 25% PNST 25%Syracuse. Others think it is 60-40 Mich and Syracuse. Of course its impossible to quantify those numbers other than to say we are in this just like Duce.

Proud that Dino is targeting higher recruits AND CLOSING THEM!!! The 2022 class is looking like it has potential to be a really good class when you look at what the high targeted players in that class are saying. A lot of us on this board knew we could get higher ranked ACC caliber players like Duce, Devito, Trill, and almost Adissa Isaac and Rooks etc from our natural geographic recruiting footprint. Rooks might be HCDB kicking down the door. Lets hope so. Lets go Orange!!!

We are a "live underdog for young Mr Rooks"!!!!! At one point he was 90% Mich. Now it seems he has some questions about Mich and is really looking at PN ST and and Cuse. It seems he is lets say 50% Mich and 25% PNST 25%Syracuse. Others think it is 60-40 Mich and Syracuse. Of course its impossible to quantify those numbers other than to say we are in this just like Duce.

Proud that Dino is targeting higher recruits AND CLOSING THEM!!! The 2022 class is looking like it has potential to be a really good class when you look at what the high targeted players in that class are saying. A lot of us on this board knew we could get higher ranked ACC caliber players like Duce, Devito, Trill, and almost Adissa Isaac and Rooks etc from our natural geographic recruiting footprint. Rooks might be HCDB kicking down the door. Lets hope so. Lets go Orange!!!
Funny that you rely so much on reading articles and recruiting boards to determine your percentage hopes but dispute sources that are on this board.

We will get more than just a couple 4 stars per class if we have a successful season. Are you ready to argue that again?

Funny that you rely so much on reading articles and recruiting boards to determine your percentage hopes but dispute sources that are on this board.

We will get more than just a couple 4 stars per class if we have a successful season. Are you ready to argue that again?
I hope we do get a few or more 4 stars per class. Thats been my argument with you and "your group" from day 1. I remember the good ole days when you said our 0 and 1 star recruits would lead to a great 2019 season when i predicted 4 or 5 wins. Glad you are now in the real world and looking for higher ranked recruits.

And while there are articles, recruiting boards and tweets that indicate Rooks isnt as high on Mich and frankly they aren't as high on him as say Rayshaun Benny, I posted what I heard from one of my guys who recruits to a P5 school. We all can read so i dont need to post whats already out on the internet.

Look at the kids we are recruiting in 2022 are saying about us. Its not just the "blessed to receive a offer from Syracuse" template Tweet. We dont have to win 8 games consistently or have a successful season to get top recruits you have to target go after them and close. SEE NC if you disagree

I hope we do get a few or more 4 stars per class. Thats been my argument with you and "your group" from day 1. I remember the good ole days when you said our 0 and 1 star recruits would lead to a great 2019 season when i predicted 4 or 5 wins. Glad you are now in the real world and looking for higher ranked recruits.

And while there are articles, recruiting boards and tweets that indicate Rooks isnt as high on Mich and frankly they aren't as high on him as say Rayshaun Benny, I posted what I heard from one of my guys who recruits to a P5 school. We all can read so i dont need to post whats already out on the internet.

Look at the kids we are recruiting in 2022 are saying about us. Its not just the "blessed to receive a offer from Syracuse" template Tweet. We dont have to win 8 games consistently or have a successful season to get top recruits you have to target go after them and close. SEE NC if you disagree
Winning consistently leads to more quality recruits. How is that a debate? lol unless you like to feel like you know something so you add your " we have to recruit better" statements and feel like you are enlightening us. You act like guys on this board that have watched and commented on Cuse football for decades dont know whats going on. They are guys here that read the same boards. Its not hard to go to other teams sites or read tweets. I dont have to go to any of those boards. Thats the difference with me ;)

Winning consistently leads to more quality recruits. How is that a debate? lol unless you like to feel like you know something so you add your " we have to recruit better" statements and feel like you are enlightening us. You act like guys on this board that have watched and commented on Cuse football for decades dont know whats going on. They are guys here that read the same boards. Its not hard to go to other teams sites or read tweets. I dont have to go to any of those boards. Thats the difference with me ;)
I get that, your uninformed. Here's a update. HCDB realized that MAC approach to recruiting in the ACC will get us where we are. Winning 2 or 3 of 9 vs P5 conferences. So he has adapted to the strategy I outlined here of targeting more recruits that the other ACC and P5 teams are targeting. By default we will land some of them.

The default is that Syracuse IS a great school with a good football program, good academics and a great little (we will say intimate) campus and a family atmosphere. Thats what these higher end recruits like Cruz, Rooks and Duce love and is selling them. THATS what the coaches should continue to focus on selling. Like all sales recruiting is as easy or hard as you make it.

If your strolling around on South Beach saying come play 1300 miles away in the cold where your family and friends will never be able to watch you in person, you disqualify yourself from a ton of recruits so you have to scramble and fill a class with anybody that will come. The better strategy is what your seeing now and what you and I argued about a few months back. Targeting higher end regional recruits like Duce and Rooks. We tried it your way for 4 years and look where it got us. Now they are going more in the direction that I favor. Even you say better recruits in the same system should equal better results. So lets get those better recruits

I get that, your uninformed. Here's a update. HCDB realized that MAC approach to recruiting in the ACC will get us where we are. Winning 2 or 3 of 9 vs P5 conferences. So he has adapted to the strategy I outlined here of targeting more recruits that the other ACC and P5 teams are targeting. By default we will land some of them.

The default is that Syracuse IS a great school with a good football program, good academics and a great little (we will say intimate) campus and a family atmosphere. Thats what these higher end recruits like Cruz, Rooks and Duce love and is selling them. THATS what the coaches should continue to focus on selling. Like all sales recruiting is as easy or hard as you make it.

If your strolling around on South Beach saying come play 1300 miles away in the cold where your family and friends will never be able to watch you in person, you disqualify yourself from a ton of recruits so you have to scramble and fill a class with anybody that will come. The better strategy is what your seeing now and what you and I argued about a few months back. Targeting higher end regional recruits like Duce and Rooks. We tried it your way for 4 years and look where it got us. Now they are going more in the direction that I favor. Even you say better recruits in the same system should equal better results. So lets get those better recruits
Still trying to figure out why you think all the SU staff's didn't target GOOD prospects and only target prospects FAR away lol . That is not a un heard of strategy. Its literally the same thing that every staff in the country tries to do.

Still trying to figure out why you think the many SU staff's didn't target GOOD prospects and only target prospects FAR away lol . That is not a un heard of strategy. Its literally the same thing that every staff in the country tries to do.
Do you think we have a shot at Rooks, what position do you think he would play with us? I would love to see him as a 3-3-5 DE.

Dino targeted higher end recruits and closed them in the 2019 class. The 2019 5-7 season derailed last years recruiting effort in that respect.

50A7F8AC-7A35-4991-B332-572349455274.gif

Wen you say "your group," are you referring to NYS high school coaches, of which money is one?

His random thread after the 2018 WMU game was the closest I’ve seen to Nostradamus work on this board.

He made another thread last year explaining why the team wasn't playing well and what needed to improve. It was so great to read that from him

Wen you say "your group," are you referring to NYS high school coaches, of which money is one?
Just The group that accepts and makes excuses for our failures INSTEAD of expecting and wanting better.

Truth be told I dont have a problem with you, Money or any other members of your group. I truly think we all want to be able bask in Syracuse wins and success. If Money is a coach (or in any other leadership position for that matter) he should understand why some of us dont except the failure we have seen recently from our great school. I really dont get why some of you do.

Just The group that accepts and makes excuses for our failures INSTEAD of expecting and wanting better.

Truth be told I dont have a problem with you, Money or any other members of your group. I truly think we all want to be able bask in Syracuse wins and success. If Money is a coach (or in any other leadership position for that matter) he should understand why some of us dont except the failure we have seen recently from our great school. I really dont get why some of you do.

"Your group"

Get over yourself. Please feel free to point out what "excuse" I make, or ever have made.

This ought to be good.

General. I’m trying to like your comments man and I truly value everyone’s opinions on here even when I disagree with them but the comments you make rub people the wrong way. You purposely say things that will cause a reaction. Then you get in defense mode, ready to dispute everything someone says. It’s like you enjoy doing that more than being a fan.

“People here accept and make excuses for failures instead of expecting and wanting better”.

Do you have any clue how that sounds to people? And how that will bother a lot of people?

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom