The next elephant in the room | Syracusefan.com

The next elephant in the room

P Vasiloff

Murcerfan
Just wondering what anyone was thinking regarding how many underclassman may bail on this program and transfer out after the season is over. Could be for a variety of reasons but in my humble opinion many of them may be dissatisfied (in their opinion) with opportunities they believe they did not get to earn playing time. I hope I am wrong but I think you may see some names that at the time were considered big time recruits that have not seen the field at all at Syracuse. Anybody have any thoughts on this?

I expect a couple wideouts, a running back and maybe a db or two but ive been wrong plenty of times

I expect a couple wideouts, a running back and maybe a db or two but ive been wrong plenty of times
I wouldn't be shocked with how the transfer portal works but I know there is attrition every year.

The only RB I could see transfer is really Pierre. My guess is 1 Wr maybe 2

Happens every year regardless of record ... Can't worry about it

I don't think kids will bail. My guess is that many of the younger ones realize that they needed a year in S&C. The older ones know the team can win after last year. Now that doesn't mean there might not be some nudging out.

I'm not concerned. If I'm a starter or if the starter in front of me is graduating then I'm staying for sure. If I'm a freshman that just got here and still believe in the recruiting pitch they sold me, I'm staying as well. Only those that truly believe they should be on the field next year but don't see the opportunity to do so, may consider the transfer route. So some may transfer. However, I believe we will be looking at the transfer portal as well, so at least its a wash. The transfer route will grow both to and from our team as well as around the country.

And you have to remember if they decide to enter the transfer portal as an undergrad they'll have to sit a year at the next school unless it's a lower level program.

Why didn't Q get some run at WR this year. Also S. Johnson?

Just wondering what anyone was thinking regarding how many underclassman may bail on this program and transfer out after the season is over. Could be for a variety of reasons but in my humble opinion many of them may be dissatisfied (in their opinion) with opportunities they believe they did not get to earn playing time. I hope I am wrong but I think you may see some names that at the time were considered big time recruits that have not seen the field at all at Syracuse. Anybody have any thoughts on this?

we haven’t had any “big time‘ recruits in years

How about this. I am leaving NCAA because i don't feel safe on that campus.
Maybe. But if I were a player I wouldn't count on the NCAA granting a waiver.

Last edited:

I bet we lose five, gain 8.

How about this. I am leaving NCAA because i don't feel safe on that campus.
After what Justin Fields used to get immediately eligible at Ohio State from Georgia any Syracuse player who wants to transfer will get a waiver and be immediately eligible anywhere if they are smart.

I don't worry the players I want am optimistic about will want to leave.

After what Justin Fields used to get immediately eligible at Ohio State from Georgia any Syracuse player who wants to transfer will get a waiver and be immediately eligible anywhere if they are smart.

I don't worry the players I want am optimistic about will want to leave.
I am trying to understand what you just wrote. Are you saying that you are optimistic that the players you want won't leave or that the players you want to leave will?

I am trying to understand what you just wrote. Are you saying that you are optimistic that the players you want won't leave or that the players you want to leave will?
Any player that wants to leave will be able to do so if they follow what Fields did to get immediately eligible at Ohio State after what has transpired on the Syracuse campus.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom