The Night Before Christmas (Syracuse version) | Syracusefan.com

The Night Before Christmas (Syracuse version)

cto

Administrator
Twas the night before Christmas and all through the Dome,

Not a creature was stirring; they all had gone home.

Jim to his Juli, and Mike to his Trish.

Not one reporter, not even a dish.

The guys joined their families, throughout the East Coast.

Let’s hope that Baye found him a nice local host.

They’re back Christmas night, not much of a break.

In two days of practice, the rust they will shake.

Eleven and zero, and ranked number two….

But, as we all know, there’s much work to do.

First there is Nova, those pesky pretenders

They want this game badly; to be win-streak enders.

Rakeem and BJ, our two Philly guys,

Want Wildcats to leave here with nothing but sighs.

Then comes East Michigan; Murph’s a good guy.

After we beat them, give Rob a nice “hi.”

Then onto the New Year, and ACC land.

New venues for Coleman and all of our band.

Tyler and Trevor ... will inspire great fear,

And CJ will show them ... a POY year.

Gbinije thrives on a dose of home cooking.

And Jerami shocks ...all those who are looking.

Roberson, Patterson, both might surprise.

Even Nassar, Deremer and Hart may turn eyes.

GMac and Autry will work every day

To make this team better in every known way.

Blumen, Resavy, Wellman, Pike and the rest…

Will help make us ready for every new test.

Who knows where it ends…. Let's hope it is Dallas.

But please let us get there without any malice.

No injuries, no issues, no drama, no pain.

Let’s please have a season that’s totally sane.

Meanwhile, it’s Christmas, that time of good cheer.

Which means we can hope for a special New Year.

To paraphrase Santa, so cheerful and bright….

Happy New Year, to Orange, ... and to all a Good Night.

Last edited:
Very nice. This is definitely my favorite:

No injuries, no issues, no drama, no pain.

Let’s please have a season that’s totally sane.

Yes, I was ready to copy and paste that part myself. Very well done, Joyce! I smiled all the way through it. I hope Jim and the guys get to see it.

And now to put on my cap and go take a nap!

cto, that was incredible. Plan on reading that to my daughter tomorrow night before bed. You may have just started a Rocco family Christmas tradition.

Merry Christmas!

cto said:
Twas the night before Christmas and all through the Dome, Not a creature was stirring; they all had gone home. Jim to his Juli, and Mike to his Trish. Not one reporter, not even a dish. The guys joined their families, throughout the East Coast. Let’s hope that Baye found him a nice local host. They’re back Christmas night, not much of a break. In two days of practice, the rust they will shake. Eleven and zero, and ranked number two…. But, as we all know, there’s much work to do. First there is Nova, those pesky pretenders They want this game badly; to be win-streak enders. Rakeem and BJ, our two Philly guys, Want Wildcats to leave here with nothing but sighs. Then comes East Michigan; Murph’s a good guy. After we beat them, give Rob a nice “hi.” Then onto the New Year, and ACC land. New venues for Coleman and all of our band. CJ will show them a POY year. And Tyler and Tevor….will inspire great fear. Gbinije thrives on a dose of home cooking. And Jerami shocks ...all those who are looking. Roberson, Patterson, both might surprise. Even the walk-ons may turn a few eyes. GMac and Autry will work every day To make this team better in every known way. Blumen, Resavy, Wellman, Pike and the rest… Will help make us ready for every new test. Who knows where it ends…. Let's hope it is Dallas. But please let us get there without any malice. No injuries, no issues, no drama, no pain. Let’s please have a season that’s totally sane. Meanwhile, it’s Christmas, that time of good cheer. Which means we can hope for a special New Year. To paraphrase Santa, so cheerful and bright…. Happy New Year, to Orange, ... and to all a Good Night.

I think this one is the best yet...

Orangeyes, you are one resourceful SOB! I learned something new tonight, which doesnt always seem to be the case lately.
The Oxford Rhyming Dictionary gives lozenge as a half-rhyme for orange.

Another word almost as difficult to rhyme as orange is silver. The only candidate is a rare word, chilver. It too has a half-rhyme in the word salver.

[quote"Orangeyes, post: 857398, member: 34"]The Oxford Rhyming Dictionary gives lozenge as a half-rhyme for orange.

Another word almost as difficult to rhyme as orange is silver. The only candidate is a rare word, chilver. It too has a half-rhyme in the word salver.[/quote]

Maybe it's because of my Rochester, Buffalo, Rockford Illinois dialect but I'd use shiver, quiver, liver, etc to rhyme with silver.

Very good and great how you included so many in it - had to be tough to fit them in.
Cherie ... that was my goal .. to use as many names as possible. Got all the scholly players, coaches and five key support staff .. and subsequently edited it... to get in the three walk-on's!

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom