The Office - Rewatching on Netflix | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

The Office - Rewatching on Netflix

Comedy Central is now showing reruns of The Office starting with a marathon today. Gosh those first few seasons were hilarious.

Comedy Central is now showing reruns of The Office starting with a marathon today. Gosh those first few seasons were hilarious.

Saw a commercial for that a few weeks ago, thought it was a brilliant idea by them as its not really on TV anymore as I assume TBS and whoever else had it lose the syndication right a few years ago.

Also seems like NBC really wants to move forward with a reboot of the office and appears its likely to happen. Will be interesting to see how they go about this especially with the fact Carrell has already ruled out a return. Also seems unlikely they will get Mindy Kalling and John Krasinski. Based on that you would think they would have to over pay to make sure they get Jenna Fisher and Rainn Wilson. Show will ahve been off the air 5 years this May (crazy to think its been that long already) so the timing probably isn't to bad as they have some older characters so I don't think they could pull a Roseanne and wait a few decades.

Started watching over the holidays. Almost done with season 5. Really, really funny. Love the characters and Steve Carell makes the show. Huge fan of his. Very underrated actor. He kills it in 40 year old virgin, which is also a very underrated comedy.

Hey, since there are tons of Office fans here, one of my favorite parts of the show were the few times when they gave a glimpse into things Michael did that proved he was a good manager - I'm wondering if any of you can think of other examples, but two come to mind me for me.

The first is when he has to pick a health insurance plan, and when Jan (I think) calls him he tells her he picked the best plan. She says they can't afford that, but Michael always started from the basic assumption that his people deserved the best and he'd try to get that for them. The second was when Jim was co-boss or whatever and tried to make birthday celebrations more efficient and it ends up causing all these problems, and Michael has a short conversation with him about how that never works and people need their own time and chance to feel special, and it's an inefficiency you learn to live with. Can anybody think of any others?

I ask because in my new job I'm going to be writing some blog posts and I've been toying with the idea of "workplace lessons learned from TV" as a theme for some of the content.

When he's at Chili's with Jan and the prospective customer. Basically messing around but then at some point makes a comment that really hits home and gets the business. Probably still related to sales not really managing, but either way.

So the lead singer of he Cranberries passed yesterday and the only thing I could think of was Andy singing “Zombie” at the top of his lungs.

Started watching over the holidays. Almost done with season 5. Really, really funny. Love the characters and Steve Carell makes the show. Huge fan of his. Very underrated actor. He kills it in 40 year old virgin, which is also a very underrated comedy.

This is when the show starts getting stupid. Stringer Bell from “The Wire” is Michaels new boss and things go downhill .

Still a great show, but it’s not the same after season 5.

It was really funny, and I may lose my ManCard for saying this but I also thought the Jim and Pam story was much more romantic than anything How I Met Your Mother pulled off, and really just about any TV or Movie romance I've ever been subjected to.

Ugh

Just...no.

My point was The Office succeeded at both being much funnier than How I Met Your Mother, and much more romantic, even though How I Met Your Mother tried much at harder at both.

Creed: I want to set you up with my daughter.
Jim: Oh, I'm engaged to Pam.
Creed: I thought you were gay.
Jim: Then why would you want to set me up with your daughter?
Creed: I don't know.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom