The Official "Favorite Beer Thread" | Page 9 | Syracusefan.com

The Official "Favorite Beer Thread"

Love the dedication to home production and the wide variety of favorites--not to mention the double-banger fridge. Nice!

Have you sampled the Samuel Adams Noble Pils? I only had it once and was already well on my way that evening, but it went down very nicely.

I certainly hope you, JO'C, and other lucky DC denizens make time to hit the Brickskeller often. Damn, I miss that place.

Brickskeller closed last year, pretty unfortunate.

I have tried a bunch of craft beers. I tend to like dark beers best. Duck Rabbit Milk Stout is great out of NC. Another Milk Sout that is easier to get is Left Hand out of CO. I would have to say Sam Adams puts out some really good beers and are carried pretty well. I like their Octoberfest Winter lager. They had a holiday pack that had a Coco porter I think that was really good. Terrapin Moo Hoo is good. Another NC beer is Highland Oatmeal Porter. So many great beers out there. If anyone has any dark beer suggestions I would love to hear them. Of course Guiness is a staple

Duck Rabbit Milk Stout is way up at the top of my list. Huge fan. In CNY, Butternuts brews a milk stout that is pretty comparable. They have a pretty wide distribution; I don't know if they have any in North Carolina, but I used to buy it regularly in D.C.

I had a fantastic beer, habanero-something, at the Flying Saucer in Raleigh a couple years ago. Don't recall the name, but I think it was from that area.

Duck Rabbit Milk Stout is way up at the top of my list. Huge fan. In CNY, Butternuts brews a milk stout that is pretty comparable. They have a pretty wide distribution; I don't know if they have any in North Carolina, but I used to buy it regularly in D.C.

I had a fantastic beer, habanero-something, at the Flying Saucer in Raleigh a couple years ago. Don't recall the name, but I think it was from that area.

I will have to try that Butternuts one when I go up next time. Where do they carry it?

I will have to try that Butternuts one when I go up next time. Where do they carry it?

Cleveland Park Liquors always has it. Many Wegmans carry it, too.

Keep our minds off of Fab for a minute.

What are we washing our "dinner from last night" with?

Have a few days before game day, we've only lost 1 game and Georgetown still sucks. We are in a pretty good spot people.

So let me see. What is your favorite beer choice while watching a Syracuse sporting event?

I'll say Yuengling. Although some shotgunning of keystones during halftime is likely..
Hiers Root Beer. With extra foam.

Here in Charlotte they have a big push going for the Southern Tier brews. I think they are ok but I'm not too crazy about them. I've also had Mendicino and I beleive that is from NY as well. Someone mentioned Avery brewery and I had a beer from them that knocked me on my rear it was called Mephistopheles (wow). Tasted pretty good too but you have to like Dark beer. It is comparable to the Dragon's milk someone mentioned earlier

Here in Charlotte they have a big push going for the Southern Tier brews. I think they are ok but I'm not too crazy about them. I've also had Mendicino and I beleive that is from NY as well. Someone mentioned Avery brewery and I had a beer from them that knocked me on my rear it was called Mephistopheles (wow). Tasted pretty good too but you have to like Dark beer. It is comparable to the Dragon's milk someone mentioned earlier

I really enjoy Hop Sun and the other Southern Tier's are good but they don't knock my socks off as they seem to for many others.

Mephistopheles is a bad a$$ brew, Iloved it the one time I had it.

Are there any good breweries near Syracuse besides Empire and Suds? For all you beer lovers you need to make the road trip when we get into ACC play. There are tons of craft beer breweries all over the state here. A bunch are popping up in Charlotte now which is great.

They also make Porkslap pale ale which is ok. At brew fest one year we hung out with those guys and they were making black and tabs with the stout and the porkslap.

Not great but worth a try

God I wish they still made these. So money

OV Spits were a wednesday night staple at the Orange Grove/East L.A. There were served out of a giant tub of ice and I would peel the labels clean and cover a one of the posts.

What the hell is 505 Westcott St. called now-a-days anyway?

OV Spits were a wednesday night staple at the Orange Grove/East L.A. There were served out of a giant tub of ice and I would peel the labels clean and cover a one of the posts.

What the hell is 505 Westcott St. called now-a-days anyway?

Ah yes, the good old days of buying OV Splits by the case at Mulligan's Brick Bar on Allen Street in Buffalo and dancing on a sea of broken bottles. I've lost count of the number of fights I got in at that place. The problem with that was that the bouncers would bum rush you out the back door and then beat the beejeebies out of people worse.

Are there any good breweries near Syracuse besides Empire and Suds? For all you beer lovers you need to make the road trip when we get into ACC play. There are tons of craft beer breweries all over the state here. A bunch are popping up in Charlotte now which is great.

Middle Ages.

Can also head to utica for Saranac/lake placid.

Or continue to head farther to cooperstown where cooperstown brewery (nine man and old slugger, two good ones that haven't been mentioned) and ommegang.

Could do a wine tour also and hit keuka lake brewery, Wagner, and three brothers

yeah, Lagunitas IPA is really good (although I like Maximus and Lil' Sumpin' Sumpin' even more). Founders Centennial I like too.

I've had Great Lakes a few times before - I go to Cleveland for work every once in awhile. They had a Pilsner that I liked (and I don't usually like Pilsners).

Just grabbed sumpin sumpin to try on the way home from work. Very good.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoachDiddi

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom