The Parent's Guide to Football Recruiting | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

The Parent's Guide to Football Recruiting

I would like to know how many here have kids who might have the potential to play college ball? Anyone?
I'm assuming that some folks here have kids with that potential as there are a lot of posters here who played college ball at some level. I unsuccessfully tried to find an old thread asking members if they had played college ball, but perhaps it was in a different manifestation of this board. I love the stories but my kids aren't among the group of potential recruits.

Also, is there an above the board way to get this article to some other recruit parents and families?

:cough: the Washingtons :cough:

Also, is there an above the board way to get this article to some other recruit parents and families?

:cough: the Washingtons :cough:
It's called Twitter, and Robert and his father have already seen it and favorited/retweeted it.

So, it's covered! All thanks to Jekelishof cours

Jekelish, that was a really cool article. Interesting read!

Good job on the article, thanks for sharing. The parents are to be commended for keeping their children focused and guiding them through the process. I like the comment about Florida focused on winning championships while Syracuse focuses on winning at life. BIG difference, more impact on everything from the player to the world.

Thanks to the parents for opening up a little. This insight should be shared with any family that is heading into the recruiting process.

Good job on the article, thanks for sharing. The parents are to be commended for keeping their children focused and guiding them through the process. I like the comment about Florida focused on winning championships while Syracuse focuses on winning at life. BIG difference, more impact on everything from the player to the world.

Thanks to the parents for opening up a little. This insight should be shared with any family that is heading into the recruiting process.

Agreed. One of the things that I took away (not sure if it was said explicitly) - was that our coaches (and their families) are authentic. So it's not just words that they say - but it's that they mean them and then follow through. That has lasting impact.

Just one more reason that we need a good year this year.