The Rams are headed to Los Angeles | Syracusefan.com

The Rams are headed to Los Angeles

pfister1

2023-24 Iggy Winner ACC & OOC Record
are they going to be joined there by the Chargers and Raiders?

How do you let the Rams leave St. Louis? Isn't St. Louis a pretty good pro sports city?

How do you let the Rams leave St. Louis? Isn't St. Louis a pretty good pro sports city?

I don't mind St. Louis leaving as much as I would the Chargers and raiders

Living in LA, this blows. It was so nice to see the best games every week, and about 10+ Giants games. Now we're gonna be stuck watching garbage.

They didn't have a choice, La or St Louis, where are you going to go? Its a great baseball town, not so sure its a great sports town.

Isn't St. Louis a pretty good pro sports city?

Worst attendance in the NFL last year by a significant margin. They filled 80.2% of their stadium, 2nd worst was Oakland at 86.5%.

(Sidenote: man, how awesome would it be if SU could fill 80% of our stadium)

They didn't have a choice, La or St Louis, where are you going to go? Its a great baseball town, not so sure its a great sports town.

Worst attendance in the NFL last year by a significant margin. They filled 80.2% of their stadium, 2nd worst was Oakland at 86.5%.

(Sidenote: man, how awesome would it be if SU could fill 80% of our stadium)

There may be a short honeymoon period in LA, but that won't change if they don't put a winning product on the field.

The real news is they still filled 80% of the stadium when they haven't had a .500 record since 2006 and haven't been to the playoffs since 2004. They only made the playoffs 5 times in their entire 21 year tenure in St. Louis.
They've had as many seasons with 3 or fewer wins (4x) while in St. Louis as they had with 10 or more wins (4x). It's really a pretty crappy franchise and that isn't going to change just because they moved it to LA.

It's really a pretty crappy franchise and that isn't going to change just because they moved it to LA.

But at the end of the day, you're talking the 2nd biggest TV market in the country (5.5 million TV homes) vs. the 21st biggest (1.2 million TV homes).

Rams have history in LA atleast it makes sense.

What should happen is the Chargers/Raiders fiance their own stadiums and stay in their markets. Move Jacksonville to St. Louis and call it a day.

I don't want to see a team in London. Thus the Jaguars who are in a market way to small to support a pro football team in a state that already has 2 teams and a market full of transplants not natives I think the Jacksonville should be gone.

St. Louis has NFL history with the Cardinals. Bidwell screwed them in the 80's. Rams were stolen from LA because the owner marrying the Rams owner and him passing away allowed her to move the team to her hometown.

The Patriots were rumored to be moving to St. Louis before Robert Kraft bought the team in 1993.

If the Jags moved to St. Louis all the parties would atleast be better off. The Jacksonville market can't sustain the Jags that is part of the reason they agreed to play an annual game in London.

There may be a short honeymoon period in LA, but that won't change if they don't put a winning product on the field.

The real news is they still filled 80% of the stadium when they haven't had a .500 record since 2006 and haven't been to the playoffs since 2004. They only made the playoffs 5 times in their entire 21 year tenure in St. Louis.
They've had as many seasons with 3 or fewer wins (4x) while in St. Louis as they had with 10 or more wins (4x). It's really a pretty crappy franchise and that isn't going to change just because they moved it to LA.

The Rams have talent, they just need to find a qb.

So the owner turned down half a billion in public money towards a new stadium in st. louis, and instead will spend over a billion of his own money in stadium construction in Inglewood.

Why? This seems mathematically stupid. Here's why, the value of the franchise he owns would go from 900 million to 2.4-5.0 billion just by being based in Los angeles.

theres literally nothing St. Louis could do to keep them.

The Rams have talent, they just need to find a qb.

you can say this about almost every team in the league. The rarest commodity in sports is an NFL caliber QB. They just dont make them anymore.

I have no doubt they will be poor enough they will will get a very high draft choice coming in 2017, it will be fun any way. The new stadium will look like a A Star Trek starship when finished.

Stan Kroenke might be the most incompetent owner in sports (in terms of product quality, not revenue) and the Rams are his crown jewel in that regard. The Chargers (or Raiders) will be the best team in LA if they choose to move there.

you can say this about almost every team in the league. The rarest commodity in sports is an NFL caliber QB. They just dont make them anymore.

Not every team, the Rams have a good defense, one of the best backs in the league, and some good receivers, they are close.

St. Louis was just named the best sports town in America by the WSJ.

Can you blame them? It wasn't a secret that Kroenke was trying to move the team.

Not every team, the Rams have a good defense, one of the best backs in the league, and some good receivers, they are close.

They have a good defensive line, which makes the rest of the defense look better than they actually are. Gurley is a stud, no question. Not sure who you're referring to when you say they have good receivers.

Thats based on winning pct, and the Cardinals have been the best run franchise in sports for the last decade.

The Cardinals aren't the only reason for the high winning percentage. St. Louis has been named the best sports town in the past by other publications using different criteria. You said you weren't sure if it's a great sports town. I am.

The Cardinals aren't the only reason for the high winning percentage. St. Louis has been named the best sports town in the past by other publications using different criteria. You said you weren't sure if it's a great sports town. I am.

I said it was a great baseball town, which it is, its widely considered to be the best. I still don't believe its a great sports town overall.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom