The reffing | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

The reffing

Fans of both teams could take issues with last night's crew.

Zeller got mugged more than a few times and nothing was called. MCW might as well have taken a taxi to the hoop on that one drive and there was no call.

However I am of the belief that no matter how bad, the refs don't determine the outcome of the game. The Orange played a lock-down D against a smaller opponent and that my friends was the difference.

That crooked NBA ref would beg to differ on refs able to affect the outcome of the game.

I was really pleased with the refs last night. There were no "golden boy" Indiana calls...

Am I the only one that thought the out of bounds play, the one where the IU player dove and seemed to touch the ball going out before it hit the ground out of bounds, was a little shaky? Review would have been nice.

It was Sheehey and he definitely hit the ball. In a closer game I would've lost it but there were some suspect out of bounds calls both ways.

Some seem painfully obvious when they get them wrong. If player A is traveling one way it is physically impossible for the ball to go B direction off of him but they still say it did. Even if they didn't have a clear view they should still have a basic understanding on Newtons Laws.

Some seem painfully obvious when they get them wrong. If player A is traveling one way it is physically impossible for the ball to go B direction off of him but they still say it did. Even if they didn't have a clear view they should still have a basic understanding on Newtons Laws.

When this happens it drives me nuts.

This whole tournament has been 10 times better then big east ball. 10 times.
They actually call bodying into the offensive player instead of the offensive player bodying into the defender drawing a foul, and they whistle charges.

This tournament crew deserves rings.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom