The rest of the way | Syracusefan.com

The rest of the way

HoustonCuse

2020-21 Iggy Winner Lead Scorer & Post Season Rcd
Over the past few games, we seem to be the G and Lydon show. Trevor is in a huge funk, Roberson has completely disappeared after a totally dominating stretch, and Mal has gone into a slump. Looking at the glass half full, I don't mind this (given that we won today). Seems like there are times where we have guys on fire and then the post season comes along and they go into a slump or don't play as well. Happened in 06 to Gerry (injury did play a big role), to our whole team in 2010 in the sweet 16, happened to Ennis, happened to Southerland in 13 when he broke the record for 3 pointers in a BET and then slumped bad in the final four game.

Anyway - I believe these things are very cyclical and I am hoping we can hit the upswing for the tourney. That is true for Mali and Trevor at least. I'm not sure about Roberson - it is clearly mental/emotional and I just hope he hasn't checked out. G will clearly come back to earth, but the balance would be positive if everybody starts swinging to the other half of the curve for the post season.

Over the past few games, we seem to be the G and Lydon show. Trevor is in a huge funk, Roberson has completely disappeared after a totally dominating stretch, and Mal has gone into a slump. Looking at the glass half full, I don't mind this (given that we won today). Seems like there are times where we have guys on fire and then the post season comes along and they go into a slump or don't play as well. Happened in 06 to Gerry (injury did play a big role), to our whole team in 2010 in the sweet 16, happened to Ennis, happened to Southerland in 13 when he broke the record for 3 pointers in a BET and then slumped bad in the final four game.

Anyway - I believe these things are very cyclical and I am hoping we can hit the upswing for the tourney. That is true for Mali and Trevor at least. I'm not sure about Roberson - it is clearly mental/emotional and I just hope he hasn't checked out. G will clearly come back to earth, but the balance would be positive if everybody starts swinging to the other half of the curve for the post season.
Mali shot it well from 3 but backed it up with some bizarre horrible shots inside the arc.

DC played 35 minutes today (he didn't pick up any fouls in the 1st half).

If he can keep himself in the game, it keeps Lydon and Mal on the wings. TRob ended up being the odd man out today, but I thought he played well in the 14 minutes he saw (3 boards, and he drove to the hoop on offense).

It's a good thing ... Anya would have used Lydon as a speedbump.

If he can keep himself in the game, it keeps Lydon and Mal on the wings. TRob ended up being the odd man out today, but I thought he played well in the 14 minutes he saw (3 boards, and he drove to the hoop on offense).

I thought Roberson looked pretty bad today. Fouled the 3 point shooter, got destroyed on the glass for the most part when in there. He doesn't look like he is in a good place to me.

Roberson was horrible on D today.

I thought Roberson looked pretty bad today. Fouled the 3 point shooter, got destroyed on the glass for the most part when in there. He doesn't look like he is in a good place to me.
The first time Boeheim took him out, he low-fived him. I don't know why he didn't play more today. Confused.

The first time Boeheim took him out, he low-fived him. I don't know why he didn't play more today. Confused.

Roberson didn't play more because he was absolutely terrible when he did play. He's a very frustrating player to watch, a total enigma.

I agree with all of that except the part about Roberson playing well.

I think in the past, Roberson played over Coleman and that pushed Lydon to the 5. It might have had something to do with fouls, but was also just Boeheim's preference. I think his preference has changed, at least until Roberson starts being more aggressive. The advantage is that it allows Lydon to play the 4. The disadvantage is that Coleman's shaky D is on the floor more, but he seems to be greatly improving and he's able specifically to hold up against post bruisers.

Mali shot it well from 3 but backed it up with some bizarre horrible shots inside the arc.

MR got screwed on several calls. They took away the one bucket where they called the foul on the floor instead of on the shot and also called him for a charge on the one play where the secondary defender slid in (wasn't stationary) on him and had his heels in in the restricted area. Had seven assists.

Our best lineup is DC at the 5 with Mali/Lydon at the wings. DC is improving every game and unfortunately for TRob it will probably cost him PT.

if DC actually could hold onto a ball he would have scored 10 more pts today on just layups.. might have the worst hands or any center in the last 20 years.

if DC actually could hold onto a ball he would have scored 10 more pts today on just layups.. might have the worst hands or any center in the last 20 years.
I wonder why his hands have gotten so bad in the last 3 or 4 games. They didn't seem so bad earlier in the season.

lol...I can't figure out his hands. He seems to catch the ball fine - it's every other aspect of having the ball hit his hands that he seems to struggle with. For most player it's the opposite - they struggle catching the ball, but are capable of grabbing rebounds, or a bouncing ball, or one that is laying on the floor, or a ball just sitting there in a stationary position. He's Bizarro Bad Hands.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom