The 'scoop' | Syracusefan.com

The 'scoop'

Status
Not open for further replies.

SWC75

Bored Historian
I happened to tune into a program on 1260 hosted by Mark Rolland, who said a source had told him the 'scoop' on Benny. This was broadcast, not presented in a confidential way so I'll put it here.

Benny Williams had a history of being late and making excuses, which got him on the bad side of Coach Autry who, not being new to the program was aware of his tendencies.

There was an incident in practice where Benny and another layer exchanged hard fouls and got into a "full blown" fight. Both players were asked to leave the practice. Benny totally trashed the locker room. That's what got him suspended.

Maybe that should have remained confidential but Rolland broadcast it so I posted it here.

Last edited:
i mean, that doesnt really sound that bad

obviously not flattering or in any way positive but ... ya never know whats going on...and if it had to be anything, might as well be this, imo

it's at least salvagable at this point.

Any picture of the trashed locker room? I want to see it.

"BENNY, you need to rebound as hard as you trashed this place!!!"

Benny is like HULK.

First the ripping of shirt
Second trashing of locker room
Next the rebounding monster and ripping down rim & backboard

Wow, sounds right though from what everyone has hinted. If true and he doesn't get his head screwed back on straight, he will be gone after this year. I still believe he can turn himself around and can become a very good player for us, I am just not confident he wants to. I wonder why he came back to begin with. Maybe he thought "nice" Red would let him do whatever he wanted, but found out quick that head coach Red doesn't play that game.

I happened to tune into a program on 1260 hosted by Mark Rolland, who said a source had told him the 'scoop' on Benny. This was broadcast, not presented in a confidential way so I'll put it here.

Benny Williams had s a history of being late and making excuses, which got him on the bad side of Coach Autry who, not being new to the program was aware of his tendencies.

There was an incident in practice where Benny and another layer exchanged hard fouls and got into a "full blown" fight. Both players were asked to leave the practice. Benny totally trashed the locker room. That's what got him suspended.

Maybe that should have remained confidential but Rolland broadcast it so I posted it here.
Thanks for sharing, SWC. I'm glad to see Red hasn't let this slide. It would be easy to do as a new coach who really wants the wins, but he's obviously in it for the long run and needs to set the right culture and expectations.

By the way, any word on who won the fight? I put my money on the other guy. I kid, I kid.

Thanks for sharing, SWC. I'm glad to see Red hasn't let this slide. It would be easy to do as a new coach who really wants the wins, but he's obviously in it for the long run and needs to set the right culture and expectations.

By the way, any word on who won the fight? I put my money on the other guy. I kid, I kid.

They both lost.

i mean, that doesnt really sound that bad

obviously not flattering or in any way positive but ... ya never know whats going on...and if it had to be anything, might as well be this, imo

it's at least salvagable at this point.
Trashing the locker room isn't that bad? Huh. On top of everything else that's been reported, I tend to disagree. I don't think it necessarily warrants being booted from the team, but pretty close to it. From what I know, looks like Red has handled Benny's crap pretty well - consequences dished out but still giving the kid a chance to redeem himself.

Benny Williams had s a history of being late and making excuses, which got him on the bad side of Coach Autry who, not being new to the program was aware of his tendencies.

Pondering Season 9 GIF by The Office

Since it's been broached, I can tell you it matches 80% of what I was told but there are material differences. Be careful not to judge based on second hand information. I will share that Benny and the other player are all good and actuall pretty close.

All this info aside im not a fan of his playing style. He’s had plenty of opportunities. Just my candid view. Happy to see Copeland outworking him and Brown continuing to find ways to be useful.

It fits in with the idea that he's struggling with emotional issues. The chronic tardiness and excuses may actually be more damaging. That's not an emotional outburst. That's just immaturity from the player who's been here the longest.

Trashing the locker room isn't that bad? Huh. On top of everything else that's been reported, I tend to disagree. I don't think it necessarily warrants being booted from the team, but pretty close to it. From what I know, looks like Red has handled Benny's crap pretty well - consequences dished out but still giving the kid a chance to redeem himself.
i said theres nothing positive at all about it

but compared to what I expected, i thought it would be worse

fighting a teammate cant be fun...and we dont know why that happened...so idk

i mean...am I impressed? no

but idk i just thought it would be worse

It fits in with the idea that he's struggling with emotional issues. The chronic tardiness and excuses may actually be more damaging. That's not an emotional outburst. That's just immaturity from the player who's been here the longest.
Add in Maui, then disappearing last season along with being one of the most disappointing recruits that’s ever come in and this is a complete mess.

Add in Maui, then disappearing last season along with being one of the most disappointing recruits that’s ever come in and this is a complete mess.
Maybe we should start a poll on who the most disappointing recruits have been in Orange history. I'm sure that the thread will last as long as the one I started a couple weeks ago, first words to describe our current players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sdot

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom