The 'scoop' | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

The 'scoop'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Benny clearly has issues beyond basketball. He let the team down, IMO - he was counted on to be a big piece this year and he’s barely even on the court because he can’t show up on time to practice ? Then he gets into an actual fight with a teammate in which one or both of them could have gotten hurt - not to mention the potential damage to the team chemistry. Then you trash the locker room?

Such a bad look

Forget about basketball for a minute. This is a very sad human situation. Benny has a loving and involved family whose members have constantly done their best to help him. At a certain point, he has to take responsibility for doing what he is supposed to do to help himself. There have been serious slip-ups on his part. It is also sad that all this occurred after Coach AA showed so much faith in Benny by including him in the ACC Media Day event when he was expected to bring just two players (Judah and JJ).

I hope he got his arse kicked as he needs it. Sometimes a good old fashioned pounding is a good thing.
I don't think that's a metaphor for Benny. A good pounding is a great time.
Is it 3am yet?

Benny clearly has issues beyond basketball. He let the team down, IMO - he was counted on to be a big piece this year and he’s barely even on the court because he can’t show up on time to practice ? Then he gets into an actual fight with a teammate in which one or both of them could have gotten hurt - not to mention the potential damage to the team chemistry. Then you trash the locker room?

Such a bad look
Be curious to see his grades….

i mean, that doesnt really sound that bad

obviously not flattering or in any way positive but ... ya never know whats going on...and if it had to be anything, might as well be this, imo

it's at least salvagable at this point.
not that bad? The dude is an issue. this is Meshaun levels of bad

Forget about basketball for a minute. This is a very sad human situation. Benny has a loving and involved family whose members have constantly done their best to help him. At a certain point, he has to take responsibility for doing what he is supposed to do to help himself. There have been serious slip-ups on his part. It is also sad that all this occurred after Coach AA showed so much faith in Benny by including him in the ACC Media Day event when he was expected to bring just two players (Judah and JJ).
He needs help, and playing basketball might not be the best thing for him. Someone needs to get him the help that he needs, he has a lifetime to live. I just hope he gets help and 20 years from now people will be saying what a great person he is.

Benny, say goodbye to the portal.

i mean, that doesnt really sound that bad

obviously not flattering or in any way positive but ... ya never know whats going on...and if it had to be anything, might as well be this, imo

it's at least salvagable at this point.
Trashing the locker room after getting into a fight over a basketball game? That’s pretty bad. He’s 20 years old, not 12

Trashing the locker room after getting into a fight over a basketball game? That’s pretty bad. He’s 20 years old, not 12
is it bad? yes

is it good? no

is it as bad as it could be? no

i think we all thought he might be off the team a few times so far this year...and as bad as trashing the locker room is - its not quite kicked out of the university bad

when a player is going through "difficulities" and we as fans are forced to speculate...theres a looong list of things worse than getting so competitive in practice that a fight happens and a player gets angry enough to trash a locker room

it shows that he cares...just misguided outlet of that energy...

and it shows practices are intense...which they need to be

is it bad? yes

but in my opinion...its not that bad (compared to all possible problems)

and in bennys case...i hope he can channel that hulk "trash a locker room" energy onto the court...its what we've all been waiting for...maybe its a good sign

is it bad? yes

is it good? no

is it as bad as it could be? no

i think we all thought he might be off the team a few times so far this year...and as bad as trashing the locker room is - its not quite kicked out of the university bad

when a player is going through "difficulities" and we as fans are forced to speculate...theres a looong list of things worse than getting so competitive in practice that a fight happens and a player gets angry enough to trash a locker room

it shows that he cares...just misguided outlet of that energy...

and it shows practices are intense...which they need to be

is it bad? yes

but in my opinion...its not that bad (compared to all possible problems)

and in bennys case...i hope he can channel that hulk "trash a locker room" energy onto the court...its what we've all been waiting for...maybe its a good sign
all my fingers and toes are crossed hoping Benny can channel his energy back to the court. At least for one day, on Sunday, he seemed to trying hard, getting results but most of all having fun. Nothing like a couple of slam dunks to get the spirits up, though the first one was a bit on the "weak side" as it rolled around the rim before settling into the cylinder.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom