The two whipping boys on here. Cooney and Gbinije | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

The two whipping boys on here. Cooney and Gbinije

Scoop is arguably a top 5 pg in the JB era. Compare his stats and team success to everyone other than Sherm and Pearl.
I agree. But Scoop was brutal his first 2 years. He was good as a junior but still prone to mistakes and then he was terrific as a senior. Right now KJ reminds me a lot of Scoop his first 2 years...lots of mistakes.

Lets wait until we get into conference play, and see how good our players are. When you play against people who know your tendencies, all your flaws are exposed. Last year was an example, after the great start the team went south.

I agree. But Scoop was brutal his first 2 years. He was good as a junior but still prone to mistakes and then he was terrific as a senior. Right now KJ reminds me a lot of Scoop his first 2 years...lots of mistakes.

No doubt KJ reminds me of a more athletic Scoop. Both aggressive pg's with as many negatives as positives early on.

I thought that Trevor would have a solid game. Both guys played well. Trevor had an off night on D. I thought that JB sat Trevor at the right time tonight. All in all it was a big step forward for both guys. Great to see and hope that they keep it up.

By February, in that situation, KJ will have to know to come get the ball from him. It's okay to start to run up the court earlier in the game, but at the end you are the PG and you need to go back and get the ball.

But this game definitely showed improvement and hope that by February we can contend in the ACC and get an NCAA slot.

Cheers,
Neil

Joseph was coming back to the ball. The issue is mccullough seemed to expect him to leak out so he threw it down the court away from Joseph's momentum.

Joseph was coming back to the ball. The issue is mccullough seemed to expect him to leak out so he threw it down the court away from Joseph's momentum.

You're right. It was SilentG who started up the floor and got between KJ and McCullough. KJ came back, but he stood to the side rather than go right up to CMac to get the ball from him. However, that might have been more due to trying to give space to Gbinije.

Cheers,
Neil

Scoop was a turnover machine his first two years.

ONE person called him a cancer. Get over it.

To be fair to the Hulkster, that ignited a "piling on" that inspired me to rewatch the 2nd half to see if these folks were right.

Scoop was a turnover machine his first two years.

The most enduring canard of syracusefan.com.

151/67 assist-to-turnover in Scoop's second year.

Since Sherman Douglas graduated, Ennis and Sims are the only Syracuse guards to surpass that ratio in a full season. Billy Edelin also did it in his half-year as a sophomore. Autry, Lloyd, Hart, Griffin (barely), McNamara, Flynn, and Carter-Williams were unable to match that production.

Scoop was an excellent point guard.

Do we ever rag on our big guys or forwards as much as our guards? Even with Roc struggling the past few years I don't remember a ton of banter about him. Roberson's been a highly rated recruit that hasn't given us anything so far.

I remember the Rautins, Scoop, Triche, and of course now Cooney/gbinije criticisms, but it seems like the big's get more of a pass when they don't produce.

CaptainJ said:
To be fair to the Hulkster, that ignited a "piling on" that inspired me to rewatch the 2nd half to see if these folks were right.

I watched the end of that game again as well, didn't have a problem with the dunk, the last three he took was weird, but the whole thing didn't seem like a huge issue. I guess we'll see if there are further shenanigans like this going forward.

Cooney 16 points (4-8) from 3.

Gbinije, 10 points (3-5 shooting), 5 rebounds, 3 assists, 2 steals.

Thoughts.
Do it consistently, because without it we'll struggle.

I watched the end of that game again as well, didn't have a problem with the dunk, the last three he took was weird, but the whole thing didn't seem like a huge issue. I guess we'll see if there are further shenanigans like this going forward.
The fans would have loved a FREE TACO if he had made one of those 3's. He did it once last season and was trying to do it again. Some people will seek any opportunity to hate, even if they have to craft one.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom