The Upside- Louisville | Syracusefan.com

The Upside- Louisville

SWC75

Bored Historian
- We finally got one. These kids have been playing hard but coming up short against the good teams all season but we finally made the plays down the stretch to win the game. I think Louisville was over-rated to begin with and they were without Chris Jones. But who cares? Smoke ‘em if you got ‘em .

- Rakeem Christmas had a big comeback game. It wasn’t against Montrezl Harrell, who didn’t guard him. Instead Pitino put Onuaku or Mathiang or Mahmoud on him. None of them had an answer as Rak went 9 for 10 from the field and 11 for 13 from the line for 29 points. ,He also had 8 rebounds and 4 blocks.

- Harrell was on Tyler Roberson. Harrell: 15 points, 9 rebounds. Roberson 13 points 9 rebounds. They each had one block. That’s a win for us.

- Michael Gbinije had another fine game with 18 points, 5 rebounds and 6 assists. None of that was impressive as his one block, which came from behind on a fast break dunk attempt. JB called it “the block of the year”. He’s 15 for 28 from the arc in the same five games in which Cooney has gone 10 for 46, (see “The Downside”). Maybe he could give Trevor some lessons.

- After the slow start, we picked it up, took the lead at 22-21 and then seemed to relax again. At halftime I felt we were blowing a golden chance to get a big win against an over-rated and depleted team in our place. But we basically blew them out in the second half. Our defense looked like a Syracuse defense should. We got on the boards and found ways to score. We won the half by 14 and the game by 10.

- We are now 8-5 in the conference. If we can get two more wins, we’ll have a winning conference record. Three more and we can have a 20 win season. And we are looking as if that’s real possible. We’ve lost our usual goals so we might as well find some other ones.

17-9, (8-5) with 5 more to go

LET’S GO ORANGE!!!!

Players and Dome were sluggish. At some point in the first half, everyone came awake. Perhaps it was when we went up 21-20. I'll have to watch the game tonight to see. All throughout the second half, the fans were great. Most of us stayed, even though the win looked assured in the last couple minutes, and gave the team a standing ovation.

I may not be able to critique a game, but I can go mano a mano with anyone with my critique of the fans!

Players and Dome were sluggish. At some point in the first half, everyone came awake. Perhaps it was when we went up 21-20. I'll have to watch the game tonight to see. All throughout the second half, the fans were great. Most of us stayed, even though the win looked assured in the last couple minutes, and gave the team a standing ovation.

I may not be able to critique a game, but I can go mano a mano with anyone with my critique of the fans!

I was really concerned watching the game that no one was there to start. But it filled in nicely eventually. Glad to see folks making the trek through the winter wonderland that is Central NY.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom