The Upside- Notre Dame | Syracusefan.com

The Upside- Notre Dame

SWC75

Bored Historian
- I’ve felt all day that this was going to be the game where everything was going to go wrong and we’d get blown out. Notre Dame loves to fill it up in the Joyce Center against us while the students jeer at us. We’d been staying in every game. I just thought we were due for a game we couldn’t stay in. Wow was I wrong. And wow and I happy about it.

- How good a coaching job is this by the Hall of Famer? Peck like to peck away at his decisions but how many could have found away to keep this team in every game, have at least a .500 record in the ACC and a shot at another 20 win season with all this adversity?

- Roberson has faded but Johnson and Patterson are showing why they were recruited. Suddenly we’re getting “bench points”.

- BJ, as JB said, “won the game for us”. This is revenge for all the Notre Dame bench warmers who came out to hit half a dozen threes against us. He wound up with 19 points and did it on 7 for 13 shooting. He was only 2 for 6 from the arc, which is no longer his total offensive game. \i like the 5 for 7 inside game.

- Patterson was 3 for 4, all from two point range. He’s started to work the baseline and receive passes from the bigs when they get double-teamed. One more weapon always helps.

- Our mainstays Christmas and Gbinije struggled all night but still got good numbers as good players do: Rak got a double-double with 14 points and 12 rebounds while Mike had 12 points, 5 rebounds and 6 steals. If that’s a “bad game” you are a good player.

- I love the joke that Trevor Cooney hurt his back being thrown under the bus by Syracuse fans. Trevor turned into Steph Curry in the last four minutes of the game. (Steph must have been wondering why he was suddenly in a Syracuse uniform playing Notre Dame). He hit what appeared to be his first three since 32 seconds into the Louisville game while falling out of bounds in the corner. The refs later changed it to a 2 so his streak of 17 missed from the arc in a row was intact. But he came back to hit a medium range jumper and then a long one from way out front to make it official and then capped it off with a lay-up. That was 9 points in a row for his team as the score went from 47-41 at 5:30 left to 56-49 with 1:43 left and Rak out of the game. Big time stuff, as was the win itself.

18-10, (9-6) with 3 more to go

LET’S GO ORANGE!!!!

Notre Dame never led, and I believe it was only tied once, at 5 - 5! My friends and I were saying, "Okay, when is this going to end? When are we going to blow it?" We have been close in so many games and then just gave it away. So, of course, it was only a matter of time before we did it again.

I have experienced the phenomenon that others here have commented on: weird detachment. At the end of the game, I was calm and just waited for the inevitable deterioration. It never came! We became the Syracuse team I have been so used to watching, one that knows how to win rather than lose. As the lyric goes in "Flashdance," what a feeling!

Patterson has springs for legs. No way I thought he could dunk that easily from standing under the hoop. Impressive.

Patterson has springs for legs. No way I thought he could dunk that easily from standing under the hoop. Impressive.

He also has some of the longest arms in the game. What has he got, a 7-foot armspan?

It's awesome to see a guard who's virtually certain to make every shot he takes at the rim. Seems like years since we've had one of those.

Notre Dame never led, and I believe it was only tied once, at 5 - 5! My friends and I were saying, "Okay, when is this going to end? When are we going to blow it?" We have been close in so many games and then just gave it away. So, of course, it was only a matter of time before we did it again.

I have experienced the phenomenon that others here have commented on: weird detachment. At the end of the game, I was calm and just waited for the inevitable deterioration. It never came! We became the Syracuse team I have been so used to watching, one that knows how to win rather than lose. As the lyric goes in "Flashdance," what a feeling!

ND was briefly up 5-7. So brief it was easy to forget.
http://espn.go.com/ncb/playbyplay?gameId=400587999

ND was briefly up 5-7. So brief it was easy to forget.
http://espn.go.com/ncb/playbyplay?gameId=400587999
Ahhhh yes. Whilst I was in another dimension, ND went up two on free throws after Patterson fouled a 3 pt shot the first time. But they were only up because of free throws, and I don't think those points count as strongly as a basket, do you? And if that is true, then Notre Dame never led!

Bwah ha ha ha ha ha! I can be both right and wrong at the same time.

Ahhhh yes. Whilst I was in another dimension, ND went up two on free throws after Patterson fouled a 3 pt shot the first time. But they were only up because of free throws, and I don't think those points count as strongly as a basket, do you? And if that is true, then Notre Dame never led!

Bwah ha ha ha ha ha! I can be both right and wrong at the same time.

:confused:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bspencer309

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom