The wave - love it or hate it?

Do you...

• Love the wave?

Votes: 12 32.4%
  • Hate the wave?

Votes: 25 67.6%

• Total voters
The wave's American

I truly hate it ... and have NEVER participated in one. Spectators should be involved in the game ... and not worrying when they are "expected" to stand up.
It's typically done during a timeout

It's typically done during a timeout
You can be involved in the game during a time out..... discussing the last play, predicting strategy, criticizing substitution patterns ... or even getting a beer to drink down your sorrows about the game's progress. The wave is just dumb... and doesn't belong at a basketball game.

You can be involved in the game during a time out... discussing the last play, predicting strategy, criticizing substitution patterns ... or even getting a beer to drink down your sorrows about the game's progress. The wave is just dumb... and doesn't belong at a basketball game.
I think its more for the children fans and to inspire that great "family atmosphere"

I hate it and do not participate in them.

That being said I have grown to accept it as many people seemingly enjoy it. Who am I to say what other paying fans should or shouldn't do as long as it's not endangering my personal safety? We already have the crowd storming police (who ironically base everything on prestige rather than safety), a few in the hair police, and now the wave police. If others enjoy it so be it.

I'll just stick with bashing UConn dorks and thieves, thank you.

I truly hate it ... and have NEVER participated in one. Spectators should be involved in the game ... and not worrying when they are "expected" to stand up and wave their arms like monkeys.

Shouldn't spectators do whatever they want to enjoy themselves, within reason of course? They met the same criteria for entrance.

Shouldn't spectators do whatever they want to enjoy themselves, within reason of course? They met the same criteria for entrance.
Whether someone has the right to do something, and whether said something is loathsome are two different matters.

HATE it & hate the small group attempts over & over to try and entice people to participate.

Reactions: cto
bballbeadle said:
I, too, am extremely immature.

While I am immature, I meant that age 14 was the last time I loved it. :)

I truly hate it ... and have NEVER participated in one. Spectators should be involved in the game ... and not worrying when they are "expected" to stand up and wave their arms like monkeys.
The wave is just like a student section that is only at the game to be seen on the jumbo tron and take selfies.

You can be involved in the game during a time out... discussing the last play, predicting strategy, criticizing substitution patterns

Person A: Malachi just missed another three. I predict that we will be in a 2-3 zone out of this timeout, and that JB won't sub very much.
Person B: Agreed. Well, now that we've settled that, we still have some time to kill. Want to start the wave?

Person A: Malachi just missed another three. I predict that we will be in a 2-3 zone out of this timeout, and that JB won't sub very much.
Person B: Agreed. Well, now that we've settled that, we still have some time to kill. Want to start the wave?

I was going to make some snarky comment about what defense Wed come out in after the to, but your execution was admittedly better than anything I'd pull off.

Well played.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cardiac

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom