The "what if no NBA defection or scholly reduction" lineup | Syracusefan.com

The "what if no NBA defection or scholly reduction" lineup

OrlandoCuse

Living Legend
If this team wasn't saddled by NBA early entry losses and scholarship limitations or NCAA clearinghouse issues, our current lineup would look like this:

Starters:
PG - Tyler Ennis
SG - G
SF - CMac
PF - Grant
C - DC2

Bench:
Cooney
Roberson
Richardson
Lydon
Diagne
BJ Johnson
Howard
Patterson
Chino
Joseph

Obviously too many scholarships, but it would be one helluva team.

BTW, Diagne is starting for 20-2 NW Forida St College and is averaging 8.3 rpg. I hope we take another look at him as a JC transfer.

Oh for the days when everyone had to stay at least 3 years.

If this team wasn't saddled by NBA early entry losses and scholarship limitations or NCAA clearinghouse issues, our current lineup would look like this:

Starters:
PG - Tyler Ennis
SG - G
SF - CMac
PF - Grant
C - DC2

Bench:
Cooney
Roberson
Richardson
Lydon
Diagne
BJ Johnson
Howard
Patterson
Chino
Joseph

BTW, Diagne is starting for 20-2 NW Forida St College and is averaging 8.3 rpg. I hope we take another look at him as a JC transfer.

Diagne is not going to wear a Syracuse uniform. We won't touch him with a ten foot pole.

Starters:
PG - Tyler Ennis
SG - G
SF - CMac
PF - Grant
C - DC2

Bench:
Cooney
Roberson
Richardson
Lydon
Diagne
BJ Johnson
Howard
Patterson
Chino
Joseph

That would be 15 schollies but i like the starters.

One other note, we may be playing grant at center and roberson at pf in that world.

Oh for the days when everyone had to stay at least 3 years.

stupid question... did they HAVE to stay 3 years? Or did they just elect to stay 3 years? Was it like baseball go pro out of HS or stay 3 years in college?

Why havent i ever heard of this before?

Starters:
PG - Tyler Ennis
SG - G
SF - CMac
PF - Grant
C - DC2

Bench:
Cooney
Roberson
Richardson
Lydon
Diagne
BJ Johnson
Howard
Patterson
Chino
Joseph

What would Kentucky and Duke look like? We may be 3rd best team in country - but no chance we are beating either of those 2 teams. we would lose by 30.

stupid question... did they HAVE to stay 3 years? Or did they just elect to stay 3 years? Was it like baseball go pro out of HS or stay 3 years in college?

Why havent i ever heard of this before?

The NBA used to have a rule in the 60's and 70's that you couldn't enter the draft until 4 years after your HS graduation, but changed it in the 70's to allow you to enter the draft early if you could prove "financial hardship".

Jordan and Barkley left after 3 years. Ewing stayed all 4 years.

I guess if you weren't guaranteed to be one of the 1st 1-4 picks, you stayed.

It was unheard of in the 80's and 90's for someone to leave college after only 1 or 2 years.

The NBA used to have a rule in the 60's and 70's that you couldn't enter the draft until 4 years after your HS graduation, but changed it in the 70's to allow you to enter the draft early if you could prove "financial hardship".

Jordan and Barkley left after 3 years. Ewing stayed all 4 years.

I guess if you weren't guaranteed to be one of the 1st 1-4 picks, you stayed.

It was unheard of in the 80's and 90's for someone to leave college after only 1 or 2 years.

i remember those days (although born in 85 so i wasnt all there until about 92 when i was 7) but i didnt know about the rule.

OrangeXtreme said:
The NBA used to have a rule in the 60's and 70's that you couldn't enter the draft until 4 years after your HS graduation, but changed it in the 70's to allow you to enter the draft early if you could prove "financial hardship". Jordan and Barkley left after 3 years. Ewing stayed all 4 years. I guess if you weren't guaranteed to be one of the 1st 1-4 picks, you stayed. It was unheard of in the 80's and 90's for someone to leave college after only 1 or 2 years.

Didn't Isaiah Thomas go pro after 2 years at Indiana? Obviously that was an outlier.

This kind of exercise is fun but obviously we wouldn't be recruiting half of these kids if they had to stay 3 years, nor would they be coming here.

Didn't Isaiah Thomas go pro after 2 years at Indiana? Obviously that was an outlier.

This kind of exercise is fun but obviously we wouldn't be recruiting half of these kids if they had to stay 3 years, nor would they be coming here.

To say nothing of the fact that you wouldn't be able to recruit many of the players if they knew others were still going to be on the roster when they got here.

Please elaborate.

I've heard the same rumors others have regarding test score anomalies. SU is not implicated, from what people are saying, but why would we bring someone here with that sort of cloud over them? We are on probation.

These exercises always seem pointless...unless you apply it to every other school that has early entries.

Exactly. Duke would have Jabari Parker, Jahlil Okafor, Tyus Jones, etc.

I've heard the same rumors others have regarding test score anomalies. SU is not implicated, from what people are saying, but why would we bring someone here with that sort of cloud over them? We are on probation.

I hadn't heard that it was test score anomalies. Just kept hearing it wasn't about 1 class or his international transcript and we shouldn't blame the NCAA. Your info, if true, would make it all make a lot more sense.

Moses Malone, Bill Willoughby, Chocolate Thunder never went to college.

jumping out early as a frosh or soph to be only a mid/late second round chance pick to me seems totally asinine. think long term grasshopper.

jumping out early as a frosh or soph to be only a mid/late second round chance pick to me seems totally asinine. think long term grasshopper.

Only because you are assuming that those guys are going to college for some reason other than because they feel they have to before they can take the first step in a professional basketball career.

not so fast my friend my logic is simply that if i'm projected late second round then there's at least 40 dudes in front of me leaving before the next lottery.

I would have left college early for the NBA minimum.

Magic was another guy who left after 2 years.

Magic was another guy who left after 2 years.
well if you throw in the * just won a championship and i'm a lottery pick it's an entirely different argument from 1st weekend out second rounder.

What would Kentucky and Duke look like? We may be 3rd best team in country - but no chance we are beating either of those 2 teams. we would lose by 30.

Kentucky would be better than the 76ers.

Starters:
PG - Tyler Ennis
SG - G
SF - CMac
PF - Grant
C - DC2

Bench:
Cooney
Roberson
Richardson
Lydon
Diagne
BJ Johnson
Howard
Patterson
Chino
Joseph

Not one solid NBA player on the whole squad. Id take the AO or the Fab team over that one all day.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom