Theo Epstein | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Theo Epstein

He will, he's only 42, and he's going to get bored. When things get to easy or you satisfy your goals you tend to look for something new to do.

Yeah I think him winning this makes him more likely to leave than if he couldn't get over the hump

He will, he's only 42, and he's going to get bored. When things get to easy or you satisfy your goals you tend to look for something new to do.

I don't think he will ever leave the Cubs for another baseball team unless somebody is willing to cut him in on ownership but who knows things change. Somebody might do just that. Maybe he switches sports, becomes the commissioner, I don't know

Theo will be the Commissioner of MLB in a decade or so. And, he'll help close the gap on the NFL.
He has many terrific attributes, but it is ability to attract/recruit/manage top-notch young people to work around him is what sets him apart. In essence, he is a rock star that everyone wants to jam with. Different level intellect/strategy. I mean, this is lofty, but Theo's on par with LeBron, Tiger, Crosby, Federer, and Brady with one major difference, his field of play is the development and orchestration of a big league player development system.

Last edited:
Theo will be the Commissioner of MLB in a decade or so. And, he'll help close the gap on the NFL.
He has many terrific attributes, but it is ability to attract/recruit/manage top-notch young people to work around him is what sets him apart. In essence, he is a rock star that everyone wants to jam with. Different level intellect/strategy. I mean, this is lofty, but Theo's on par with LeBron, Tiger, Crosby, Federer, and Brady with one major difference, his field of play is the development and orchestration of a big league player development system.

Yeah Ed Vedder seems to like him, two rock stars for sure

I don't think he will ever leave the Cubs for another baseball team unless somebody is willing to cut him in on ownership but who knows things change. Somebody might do just that. Maybe he switches sports, becomes the commissioner, I don't know

I would almost expect this? Oakland did it with Billy Beane.

Theo is a baseball junkie, I think he will stay with the Cubs for a while, maybe win another title or two, and take over another franchise that is a mess. I don't see him switching sports, or becoming the comish.

Theo knows how to hire good managers..Francona at Boston and Maddon in Chicago.

He's a great baseball guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom