There's some serious cost-cutting going on at ESPN | Syracusefan.com

There's some serious cost-cutting going on at ESPN

Crusty

Living Legend
Everyone knows Olbermann and Simmons are not returning to ESPN, but I heard that Mike & Mike may be next.

Business Insider article
There are cost-cutting measures underway at ESPN.

And it should make everyone — yes, everyone: sports leagues, cable companies, advertisers, ESPN employees — nervous.

Everyone knows Olbermann and Simmons are not returning to ESPN, but I heard that Mike & Mike may be next.

Business Insider article
There are cost-cutting measures underway at ESPN.

And it should make everyone — yes, everyone: sports leagues, cable companies, advertisers, ESPN employees — nervous.
Well, Olberman and Simmons suck.

If they are canning Mike and Mike... I have no idea what there plan is.

Been rumored for months finally confirmed today. ESPN is cleaning house and more is to come. They want robots they can train, they want people who kiss ass, and they don't want anybody who challenges athletes and leagues and commissioners.

Been rumored for months finally confirmed today. ESPN is cleaning house and more is to come. They want robots they can train, they want people who kiss ass, and they don't want anybody who challenges athletes and leagues and commissioners.
Number of factors as to why this happened. 1. Cowherd wanted a good salary and ESPN didn't want to spend a lot of money resigning him. 2. He wanted to move the show to LA and away from the Bristol bubble. 3. He is friends with the new head of Fox Sport 1 programming Jaime Horowitz who created Sportsnation and First Take. 4. Fox Sports is HQs in LA and he is a West Coast guy. 5. Colin wants to be able to talk about more than just sports like politics, pop culture and ESPN as you said doesn't want that. 6. Colin hated his show was simulcast on ESPNU instead of higher platform.

ESPN has now lost Bill Simmons, Keith Olbermann, and Colin Cowherd. ESPN Radio has lost Scott Van Pelt and now Colin Cowherd and needs an overhaul. Mike&Mike embody want ESPN wants. Corporate partners who kiss ass and don't challenge anybody and talk NFL NFL NFL and don't criticize Roger Goodell.

dont' forget, they want everyone to be politically correct. Last night was testament to that.

Colin Cowherd is leaving per basically every news outlet in existence.

I hear it from an excellent source that Mike Golic is out looking for a job. He thinks it is over.

I hear it from an excellent source that Mike Golic is out looking for a job. He thinks it is over.
He has been pissed at ESPN for years. He thinks he should be the lead color commentator for Monday Night Football and he has been passed over every time by Gruden, Jaws, Kornheiser...etc ever since ESPN got MNF. Wouldn't shock me if he bolted and left ESPN for an NFL Network or CBS or FOX if they offered a big spot on their NFL coverage

Cowheard just got the boot from ESPN. For his semi-racist remarks yesterday on the radio. ESPN just pulled him from all of their programming for the remainder of his deal.

Doesn't surprise me...cc should have gotten way more sh.t for his John wall comments five yrs ago.

were his comments really racist? poorly phrased i agree.

Not really...Though considering prior comments I'm not so willing to give the benefit of the doubt

Not really...Though considering prior comments I'm not so willing to give the benefit of the doubt

Exactly! His comments on Wall. His mocking of athletes who die young and making fun of them the following day. His comments against Dominican baseball players are racist. He has lost all benefit of the doubt