They. Do. Not. Learn. | Syracusefan.com

They. Do. Not. Learn.

He doesn't know how to manage a game. We're going to need to recruit like Alabama to overcome him.

Yelling at Norton upset me. Don't blame Norton whrn you made two completely predictable and idiotic decisions in a row. I feel like watching Robinson on that 7th and goal series when complained that there's a lot going on and it's hard to keep tracko f everything.

Yelling at Norton upset me. Don't blame Norton whrn you made two completely predictable and idiotic decisions in a row. I feel like watching Robinson on that 7th and goal series when complained that there's a lot going on and it's hard to keep tracko f everything.

I have to admit I haven't been watching with laser focus, but hadn't Norton been driving the ball through the end zone?

Ah yes, the Tony Fiametta belly dive for 4 of 7 attempts while Brinkley sat on the bench. Decision making today has been every bit as mystifyingly moronic.

I'm not one to harp on this stuff but, wow, that was particularly bad.

If anything, run it down and then call timeout if that's what you want to make sure the call is right..

That was crazy.
actually you do a lot of harping, just look at any thread. But I agree that the timeout call was dumb

It's not even just the terrible clock management... It's the shitty tackling, the lost secondary, the dumb mistakes that the oline makes that don't allow us to sustain drives. These are mistakes that happen game after game year after year.

OrangeFoo said:
It's not even just the terrible clock management... It's the shitty tackling, the lost secondary, the dumb mistakes that the oline makes that don't allow us to sustain drives. These are mistakes that happen game after game year after year.
I accept that college players make lots of mistakes. I don't accept that college head coaches have rocks in their heads.

actually you do a lot of harping, just look at any thread. But I agree that the timeout call was dumb

I have been a staunch supporter of Shafer but he panicked.

What bothers me most was this was really a replay of the goaline play against UVA where they stopped us. Shafer & Lester should have looked at that film and said, ok next time we are in this situation, and especially at end of half watch the clock, we run play X on 2nd down, play Y on 3rd and 4th call TO.

But he simply panicked. Can't do that on this level. I've seen too many controllables lost like not going for 2 against UVA, no TO call on fake punt against Pitt. End of half against Pitt. Now FSU end of half.

The coaching staff and especially the HC has to learn from mistakes but he keeps on making them. We simply look out coached in almost every game for the past 2 years. Simply hard for me to even defend anymore.

EDIT - honestly OJT is sometimes needed but sometimes people just get promoted to a level beyond their ability. Just hard to defend...blowout losses are not acceptable in the 3rd year.

Last edited:
This probably is his last FBS head coaching gig. Coyle will let him go with Syverud's blessing. No more gee wiz ahw shucks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom