They. Do. Not. Learn. | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

They. Do. Not. Learn.

I have been a staunch supporter of Shafer but he panicked.

What bothers me most was this was really a replay of the goaline play against UVA where they stopped us. Shafer & Lester should have looked at that film and said, ok next time we are in this situation, and especially at end of half watch the clock, we run play X on 2nd down, play Y on 3rd and 4th call TO.

But he simply panicked. Can't do that on this level. I've seen too many controllables lost like not going for 2 against UVA, no TO call on fake punt against Pitt. End of half against Pitt. Now FSU end of half.

The coaching staff and especially the HC has to learn from mistakes but he keeps on making them. We simply look out coached in almost every game for the past 2 years. Simply hard for me to even defend anymore.

EDIT - honestly OJT is sometimes needed but sometimes people just get promoted to a level beyond their ability. Just hard to defend...blowout losses are not acceptable in the 3rd year.
As sad as I am to say it, I agree. He should be learning from mistakes like the rest of us do that work for a living. I love Shafer, I can't defend the timeout before the half though. It all makes me really sad, I was pulling for the guy.

As sad as I am to say it, I agree. He should be learning from mistakes like the rest of us do that work for a living. I love Shafer, I can't defend the timeout before the half though. It all makes me really sad, I was pulling for the guy.

Making 1.4 mil a year. Same mistakes the very next week. I know I would be looking for work making that kind of coin

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom