They may cancel the rest of the ACCT (and they did). | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

They may cancel the rest of the ACCT (and they did).

What I don’t get about canceling the ACC tourney ...is that everyone is already there.. so unless the thought is the players or a player already has it ... it doesn’t seem like it’s really that helpful to cancel
Bingo, where in an age and a period of time where we have to keep reacting for the sake of reacting or else we could be criticized as being reckless if business as usual is continued

Jay Bilas on Packer & Durham right now, thinks the NCAA will suspend the rest of the season.

Swofford scheduled to come on approx 9:30.

If the players want to play then just do the empty arena games.
If the players don’t want to play then go home.

We need do need to live our lives. Jay Bilas needs to stop putting the onus the NCAA. The NBA wasn’t doing this
Unless Gobert got Corona.

you have time.. push all events out a month and see where things are at.

I also think its spread wide enough that it wouldnt be surprising that someone at ESPN has it and they wont be shutting down even if someone tests for it.. You try to limit it as best you can unless the whole country is gonna sit home for 2 weeks. you could have EA spin up a tourney virtually and play it that way

Jay Bilas on Packer & Durham right now, thinks the NCAA will suspend the rest of the season.

Swofford scheduled to come on approx 9:30.

Postponing things or even carrying on is not really in the cards. Universities up and down the East coast have sent their students home. You can't keep the players on a deserted campus indefinitely just so you can make some more money.

Playing to empty arenas was already the one and only appropriate action. The NBA postponing the season is an overreaction but they are not going to start losing revenue playing to empty arenas, that's fine, it's a pro sport. The NCAA following suit and postponing would purely be for the same reason. But they have an extremely convenient argument to use with health and safety.

But on the topic of health and safety, unless players, staff, and other essential employees needed to play a game are quarantining themselves in rooms, this is all for nothing. They can catch it at a restaurant, movie theater, any damn store just as easily. And once they unknowingly have it, spread it just as easily.

Players, staff, family members in attendance sign a waiver.
Play on.

Playing to empty arenas was already the one and only appropriate action. The NBA postponing the season is an overreaction but they are not going to start losing revenue playing to empty arenas, that's fine, it's a pro sport. The NCAA following suit and postponing would purely be for the same reason. But they have an extremely convenient argument to use with health and safety.

But on the topic of health and safety, unless players, staff, and other essential employees needed to play a game are quarantining themselves in rooms, this is all for nothing. They can catch it at a restaurant, movie theater, any damn store just as easily. And once they unknowingly have it, spread it just as easily.

Players, staff, family members in attendance sign a waiver.
Play on.

If the tweet above is correct, the NCAA is suspending the games, not postponing them. That means it's done. The problem for the schools compared to the NBA is precisely that continuing to play reveals the lie that this is amateur athletics. We all know it isn't but still...

We'll know if about 10minutes what the ACC will do, but my bet is we've seen the last of college ball for this year.

Postponing things or even carrying on is not really in the cards. Universities up and down the East coast have sent their students home. You can't keep the players on a deserted campus indefinitely just so you can make some more money.

schools are shutting down, unless it's for spring break, they are going to distance learning, not going dark. Sports have gone on while schools have not been in session for ever.

The NCAA needs to take the lead because if they’re going to end up cancelling the tournament, what’s the point to playing the conference tournaments?

We don’t need to postpone games.
This whole thing is about containment. We need to prevent crowds.

We need to get the testing kits available to millions of people.

We need to live our lives. Bilas can’t not attack the NCAA. If the teams don’t want to play then fine. If we can get these test kits to every team and play empty arena games then do it.

The NBA wanted to move the schedule of their season. Several owners wanted a December to July season. They are going to not lose any money with the suspension and will see how summer games work.

schools are shutting down, unless it's for spring break, they are going to distance learning, not going dark. Sports have gone on while schools have not been in session for ever.

But not because of a virus, regardless of its limited risk to people in that age group. The other students weren't sent home because it's Christmas. The universities don't want the bad press or the liability.

I don’t see how they keep the games on due to PR stuff. Like I bet the collective majority of everyone would be fine letting them play without fans. I think this is fine and should be the way to complete the ACC tourney and then go from there. But, it’s not what we think it’s about what the media would do IF something went “wrong”. Essentially everyone’s making actions right now in fear of getting into some crazy BS law suit. The fans not being there makes so much sense. But, I don’t see why these games don’t go on personally. Maybe I’m a hard head.

If the tweet above is correct, the NCAA is suspending the games, not postponing them. That means it's done. The problem for the schools compared to the NBA is precisely that continuing to play reveals the lie that this is amateur athletics. We all know it isn't but still...

Don't suspend and postpone mean the same thing?
Suspend: temporarily prevent from continuing

I think playing to empty arenas actually shows that they are putting health and safety above the revenues.

Suspending, postponing, whatever you call it shows that they are not prepared to lose that money.

Swofford confirmed there will be hoops today.

Each team gets 150 tickets for friends and family.

Band and cheerleaders will be allowed at the discretion of each school.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sdot

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom