They may cancel the rest of the ACCT (and they did). | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

They may cancel the rest of the ACCT (and they did).

What even are symptoms for this? Very similar to flu, I know. I've actually never even known what flu symptoms were like. I get plenty of seasonal colds (sore throat, head cold, maybe a cough or runny nose) but flu is like extreme fatigue and body aches, right?

How do COVID-19 symptoms differ from flu symptoms?

You may have heard COVID-19 being compared to the flu, a common seasonal respiratory illness. How can you tell the difference between the symptoms of these two infections?

First off, the symptoms of the flu often come on suddenly while COVID-19 symptoms appear to develop more gradually. Common symptoms of the flu include:
  • fever
  • chills
  • cough
  • fatigue
  • runny or stuffy nose
  • sore throat
  • headache
  • body aches and pains
  • vomiting or diarrhea
As you can see, there’s some overlap in symptoms between COVID-19 and the flu, such as cough, fever, and fatigue. However, it’s important to note that many common symptoms of the flu are observed less often in cases of COVID-19.

The WHO also notes the following differences between the two:
  • The flu has a shorter incubation period than that of COVID-19.
  • Transmitting the virus prior to developing symptoms drives many influenza infections but doesn’t appear to play as much of a role for COVID-19.
  • The percentage of people who develop serious symptoms or complications appears higher for COVID-19 than for the flu.
  • COVID-19 appears to impact children with less frequency than the flu does.
  • There’s currently no vaccine or antivirals available for COVID-19. However, interventions are available for the flu.

So I guess I will watch the movie The Siege if SU doesn’t play tonight.

NHL has canceled morning skates. I expect they will be postponing games really soon.

Genuinely surprised that the games are continuing. Feels like a mistake.
It isn’t a mistake. It’s just we fear what the media will make this into too. This makes sense to me. People are still going to be people and interact and communicate with so many people a day, so you can come in contact with it no matter what. So by just letting small amounts of fans and just the athletes in their arena makes sense and I think we should keep playing. Do I think we should start maybe testing everyone we can on all teams participating? Yes. Would I be fine with not letting the small group of fans come to the game? Yes. Do I think if a team or certain individuals don’t feel comfortable they can voluntarily forfeit? Yes. But these kids want to play and honestly they took all measure to reduces the large crowds and I think that’s sufficient personally. Again, maybe I’m an idiot? Probably.

Yeah Italy is hitting the fan right now, unfortunately.

What even are symptoms for this? Very similar to flu, I know. I've actually never even known what flu symptoms were like. I get plenty of seasonal colds (sore throat, head cold, maybe a cough or runny nose) but flu is like extreme fatigue and body aches, right?

Let me give you two scenarios -- which do you prefer?

1. The NCAA cancels the NCAA Tournaemnt.
2. THE NCAA selects a committee to pick four teams to participate in the final four. The four teams can take adequate self quarantine procedures over the next 2 weeks, and they can then play as planned on final 4 weekend.
Neither

I don’t get why we as a country can’t treat this pandemic like a crazy blizzard.
If we had an issane snow storm it would shut things down. Just declare a 2 week shutdown nationwide.

Everyone stay home. Shut all restaurants, malls, transportation, sports etc.

Gigantic 2 week stimulus. Leave only police, hospitals open.

Get this over with.
If that was all that was necessary to "get this over with" that would be great. Unfortunately, I don't think this thing works that way,

If that was all that was necessary to "get this over with" that would be great. Unfortunately, I don't think this thing works that way,
Hospitals won’t get overflooded and could contain the cases that need real help if they did what I said.

The biggest problem right now is we have 327 million people. If even 10% of that population needed help in the hospital our country can’t treat that. We would get real life death panels as medical officials would have to choose who to help.

We need to get this under control.

So I guess I will watch the movie The Siege if SU doesn’t play tonight.

NHL has canceled morning skates. I expect they will be postponing games really soon.
Good movie, something like in that movie should be a last resort, though

What is crazy is that college basketball could lose absolutely no seniors this year.
If there isn’t a tournament the NCAA could give every senior another year of eligibility.

What is crazy is that college basketball could lose absolutely no seniors this year.
If there isn’t a tournament the NCAA could give every senior another year of eligibility.
I very much doubt that would happen, way too many moving parts

Hospitals won’t get overflooded and could contain the cases that need real help if they did what I said.

The biggest problem right now is we have 327 million people. If even 10% of that population needed help in the hospital our country can’t treat that. We would get real life death panels as medical officials would have to choose who to help.

We need to get this under control.
I'm not saying it wouldn't help, as it would surely help slow the spread. It just wouldn't eliminate the threat.

If you get coronavirus it’s like getting the flu. Your body will likely overcome it as long you rest and let your body fight the virus. The deaths are people with preexisting conditions.

The problem right now is the virus is spreading because people are symptomatic need to isolate themselves. We aren’t doing that because we aren’t testing people.

That is why I say shut it up down for 2 weeks. So it doesn’t spread crazy.
That could work, as long as no one travels internationally for the next six months. Or if the suspension of everyday life for two weeks is worldwide. And if health care workers don't go to work until after everyone that's already sick is dead or all better.

But ... why?

Majority of the season is played. And why just seniors? You make a case for them, you make a case for fresh, soph, junior to get an extra year.

But ... why?

Majority of the season is played. And why just seniors? You make a case for them, you make a case for fresh, soph, junior to get an extra year.
If they don’t get play the postseason give them another season.

When Duke lacrosse canceled it’s season after the Nifong incident the NCAA gave all those players an extra year of eligibility.

The NCAA can do whatever they want.

But ... why?

Yeah there’s no way it would happen

easier to do in sports with less scholie issues. bball/fball it wouldnt work

If they don’t get play the postseason give them another season.

When Duke lacrosse canceled it’s season after the Nifong incident the NCAA gave all those players an extra year of eligibility.

The NCAA can do whatever they want.
So what do you do with incoming freshman? Every school would have over 13 schloarships. Do you also give the other kids a season back?

But that was the whole season and one team?

I get it, it's just a logistical nightmare.

So what do you do with incoming freshman? Every school would have over 13 schloarships. Do you also give the other kids a season back?
At Duke lacrosse some of those kids decided to use their extra year at another college.
That would happen here. Every senior would in essence become a free agent.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom