They were just a better team. | Syracusefan.com

They were just a better team.

Crusty

Living Legend
Well that was tough to watch but they were simply a better team than us (and just about everybody else). We were really not ready to play when the bell rang. We played like a poorly coached team. Nobody deserves to be fired or any of that juvenile crap but there is certainly a lot of work to do.

We will learn from this trouncing and be better as we move forward.

Even in these kind of debacles there are some positives:
  • The team didn't quit - they never do.
  • I liked Shafer's aggressiveness on offense. The fake punt was great.
  • Broyld is developing into a good slot receiver. Doesn't have great hands but he is getting better. I only saw one bad drop and that seemed to be because he was starting to turn up field before he had secured the catch. Even the Sunday guys do that every now and then.
  • Jerome is still Jerome. He has 342 yards thru 5 games. He'll need 94 ypg over the next 7 games to reach 1,000 yards again. If they give him the touches he deserves he can make. I would like to see that.
  • Hunt can run.
  • The guys played physical and Clemson knows they payed a football game today.
Negatives: Unfortunately they outnumber the positives.
  • The defense got shredded, period. Anderson has been the weak link of this defense and we can expect everyone we play to exploit him. Don't see how it gets much worse.
  • Fred Reed needs to do a better job. The secondary is not improving actually, getting worse. All these coverage errors every game! We won't be able to beat anybody unless this gets fixed.
  • Hunt got taken to the woodshed by Clemson's secondary. Very ugly game for him and it was mostly his fault. I love the kid and am a big supporter but to be fair this one was mostly on him. Several really bad decisions and a few unhurried bad passes.
  • Our receivers got manhandled. Chris Clark was clearly responsible for one interception when he got bumped aside and did not even fight for the ball.
We are going to have a chance to redeem ourselves at FSU. Just hope we are more competitive by then.

I am proud of the team and I am sure this will be our low point for the season. We will bounce off the canvass.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom