They were leaving. | Syracusefan.com

They were leaving.

RoatanCuse

Starter
The WAER announcers said many were leaving with us down 7 and just a minute or so left. Serves them right to miss a thrilling comeback like tonight. Our kids really put heart into the last minute and OT. Kudos to them and hope they get a well needed rest. Never count this team out. LGO.

I wasn't able to watch the game but followed it by gamecast. It was exciting to follow it that way but thought of those of you that could be there. What a comeback...

I didn't leave early, but that was awful. a win is a win, is what I tell myself.

The WAER announcers said many were leaving with us down 7 and just a minute or so left. Serves them right to miss a thrilling comeback like tonight. Our kids really put heart into the last minute and OT. Kudos to them and hope they get a well needed rest. Never count this team out. LGO.
People should never give up especially if we haven't yet played the trunk monkey card. It has been historically devastating against crappy teams.

Game ran late, people gotta get home to relieve the babysitter.

Tough game to walk out of early. If you endured the 1st 38 minutes, would really suck to have missed the last 7.

Now with ESPN3, no need to DVR it if you have a device connected to your TV. I love my Apple TV

I watch on ESPN3, but I still get a much better quality experience on a traditional television broadcast. I suppose that may be my equipment, but I'd choose the DVR option everytime if it were available. I can't even get the ESPN 3 broadcast to appear full screen on my TV. When I go full screen on my laptop it does, but displays using only about 75% of my TV screen. But getting to see the game beats trying to follow it on gamecast or somewhere else with no video.

It just wasn't when we were down either. I couldn't believe it but when we went into overtime there were still people heading for the exit. Why do they even pay for a ticket, stay home. Unreal. I don't care what time I get home I will stay till the last second and support my team no matter what.

I watch on ESPN3, but I still get a much better quality experience on a traditional television broadcast. I suppose that may be my equipment, but I'd choose the DVR option everytime if it were available. I can't even get the ESPN 3 broadcast to appear full screen on my TV. When I go full screen on my laptop it does, but displays using only about 75% of my TV screen. But getting to see the game beats trying to follow it on gamecast or somewhere else with no video.

At least Apple TV is full screen. ESPN College Extra (same feed between it and Apple TV app) is letter-boxed crap.

They wore their Pearl warmups, and people still left early?? C'mon people, once that magic gets worn, the game winning shot mode is on! Should've already known this unless they weren't fans in the 80's.

I couldn't take it and I turned the TV off at the 2 minute mark when they were down 7 and had two back to back empty possessions. Ya'll can thank me for the comeback. I did, however, follow the game on The Score app in bed and woke my wife up.

if you live out of town, leaving early at 10:00 on a weekday, beating the traffic and getting normal sleep isn't the worst thing in the world when they're down.

I hate the "beat the traffic" argument. It's Syracuse, NY. There is no traffic. So you wait an extra 10-15 minutes to get onto the highway while SPD directs cars out of the lots. I've parked in the Crouse garage for the past 12 years and the longest I've ever waited to get out was 20 minutes (the "beat the record" games). It's a ridiculous argument for this area.

Nothing worse than DVR'ing a game and having the recording end before the game is over...
Always ALWAYS record 30 extra minutes. Most of the time you won't need it but when you do . . . That is my fail safe.

if you live out of town, leaving early at 10:00 on a weekday, beating the traffic and getting normal sleep isn't the worst thing in the world when they're down.
Yes, I am sure that is their rationale. But if you make the effort to come to a game, and then leave when the outcome is in doubt, it erases the the whole point of coming to the game! A couple in front of me (not season ticket holders) left early, then, to their credit, 5 minutes later came back and sat down. They got a few good-natured cat calls. I should have asked them if it was worth it after the game, but I was too busy hugging people.

I talked with people who gave up on TV at half time and then had to watch replays to figure out what happened.

That's probably an aspect ratio problem. Try changing it on your computer before plugging in the HDMI cable, or whatever you use.

I don't think that's the reason. I go to all the games and people have been leaving early on weekend games for years as well. They must need to "beat the traffic".

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom