Things we learned | Syracusefan.com

Things we learned

SBU72

All Conference
JB still has it. He took a marginal team, with limited # of players, and 3 freshmen and made a run to the FF, even after missing 9 games.
You don't need a "point guard" to succeed to the FF. G is a great guy and has come a long way but is not your classic pg. At the next level he is a 2.
DC2 HAS progressed over the season. I thought his play during these 5 games was generally pretty good. He is limited but maybe he has learned to play within himself. Hopefully he will progress even more over the summer.
Roberson can be beast on the boards. Hope he has learned he has to have his motor running ALL the time. It looked like it clicked these past 5 games. I don't know what his rb total/avg was but I thought I heard them say last night that he has the most of anyone in the tourney. And in most games he played against bigger opposition. I seem to remember last year that he was able to make that 10 footer consistently. Hope he gets it back. Would be awesome next year. Why anybody bothered to play him close outside the lane was beyond me.
The team is losing 2 seniors, and bringing in 2 freshmen and a soph transfer. Losing leadership & experience while gaining bodies. Talented bodies. Is it an even trade off? Worse,? Better? Only time will tell. Hopefully, Lydon will not have to see more than a few minutes at the 5. This team has the potential (hate that word) to out rebound almost everybody (if not everybody!) next year.
If nothing unexpected happens, this team should be fun to watch next year. It would appear that JB will have options at every spot.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom