This broadcast is awful | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

This broadcast is awful

Don't know what's worse, the camera angle or the commentary.

Also, when Roberson sprints 94 feet and beats the defense down the floor on several consecutive possessions, could we try to pass him the ball?
When I first started watching the game I wonder how in the hell did they get the Goodyear Blimp in the arena based on those camera angles.

This was my first SU game on my new HDTV - glad it will get better.

Also: seeing Food Lion and Hardee's commercials is ridiculous. The BE was no-win but I still kind of hate this ACC thing.

Some comments & observations:
  1. Werme's an SU alum. He did last weekend's UVA @ SU women's game as well.
  2. The analyst guy is very weak.
  3. The camera angle left a bit to be desired, but that's where it will always be at the Joel.
  4. The colors were awful. This was especially true from the main center-court shot. The Orange unis just seemed to be fuzzy blobs. The other angles were a bit better, but still below par. It almost seemed to be a 480p EDTV production. Better than low def, but worse than high def.
  5. The arena clock font & color was just horrible. The shot clock was especially difficult to read on TV.
1, 2 & 4 made it clear that this was the ACC RSN "B Team". While I like to see SU guys get some airtime, I believe I'd prefer Wes Durham and his sidekick. The video production quality was really subpar. Perhaps they used Raycom's own 10-year-old cameras & truck for this one. Disappointing, but better than nothing.

I think every fball/bball game so far has had bad camera angles.. even in the dome they used spots that made it tough to watch during fball season.

Considering how many games we have done by alums of SU (including this one, apparently), I think we are the last fans that can complain about homer crews. (Though let me guess; when our guys do the game they are impartial)

I'm glad I wasn't the only one who thought I saw someone else tip that shot before they called a goaltend.
I also have to say the announcers didn't bother me at all. The broadcast as a whole, different story. They missed the bad pass Cooney made that resulted in a bucket. Missing live play is always inexcusable to me.

He said Syracuse was the 'frozen tundra'
I believe that was Corey Alexander (who's probably never been in Syracuse), not Werme.

Yeah, that was Cory. And his whole point was how incredible a job JB has done in turning a school that isn't a great location for most people into one of the premier programs in the country. So, what a douche.

Yeah, that was Cory. And his whole point was how incredible a job JB has done in turning a school that isn't a great location for most people into one of the premier programs in the country. So, what a douche.
Boeheim didn't do that. It's because of Syracuse's traditional uniforms and because people stand and clap before the first basket.

Homer crew
exactly
my favorite was the clips at the beginning they show jb running the sideline all angry screaming hysterically a wake dunk, a wake layup, then wake rushing the court players on their fans backs just before tipoff, yeah no lobsided bias there.
I was laughing so hard I almost fell out of my chair.

Honestly, I liked nothing about wake forest outside of Cavanaugh(strange enough) they were pretty unlikeable.

How about that AMAZING camera work when WF stole the inbounds pass and coverted an instant layup --- I assume they stole the inbounds pass because we never actually saw it on TV. Asssclowns.

Since Syracuse, Pitt, Boston College, Notre Dame and soon Louisville will be in the conference, can't the ACC step up and invite a former SU player (Scoop Jardine, for instance) or anyone from outside the ACC former player pool to do color for these games? Could it be much worse? Is Cory Alexander just THAT good?

Don't necessarily care if he did our games - just want to add someone else to the mix instead of these ACC-blooded guys who don't have a clue about our teams.

sometimes is just better to put all your attention on the games and less on the voices. we can only control what we say, not what they say on t.v.

Alexander is turrible, particularly after listening to a great color guy, Hubie Brown, doing the OKC-Miami game before switching over to the 'Cuse game. I had turrible thoughts about what awful things I wanted Alexander to suffer.

sometimes is just better to put all your attention on the games and less on the voices. we can only control what we say, not what they say on t.v.
Or, as I do, mute the TV, put on some music.

Alexander is turrible, particularly after listening to a great color guy, Hubie Brown, doing the OKC-Miami game before switching over to the 'Cuse game. I had turrible thoughts about what awful things I wanted Alexander to suffer.
As an ink-stained wretch, you only write the truth Fireball.

All I can say on the positive side for Cory Alexander is that he seems to be trying.

In broadcasting it's VERY RARE that management ever gives anyone constructive pointers.
Don't know why that's so...but it is.
So on behalf of all of us, permit me to offer one pointer to Cory:
SHUT THE H*&^ UP ONCE IN A WHILE!

Just like a game...a broadcast has rhythm.
You don't have to talk every moment you can.
That would be like shooting every time you touch the ball.
Let the viewers see the game for themselves.

A really good color guy is like a friend sitting next to you at the game...but with more knowledge and insight.
If a friend brought you to the game and you talked incessantly...he'd go out of his mind and tell you to SHUT UP!
So, please, Cory, take this friendly advice.

This is one of the many bad, bad images that flew through my mind listening to Alexander.

At first I thought that Wake had a broadcast school of journalism and they were doing the game for the ACC. If that is part of a typical ACC broadcast, how can they be considered a top conference. I mean the announcers would talk about how great Wake just did on offense all though a SU possesion and then saywho just made/missed a shot with no commentary, then talk about what Wake was doing on ofense then back to commenting on how good the did or how they missed a great opportunity. Did football games go this way too?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom