This is a good sign... | Syracusefan.com

This is a good sign...

Cuseregular

Hall of Fame
for too many years now I had lost interest in listening after games to any sports talk radio during the week. Gotta be a good sign that I'm trying to find a local sports talk radio show. Is there any local presence on the airwaves anymore? err... any that's not that Lindsley guy? Appreciate any input.

for too many years now I had lost interest in listening after games to any sports talk radio during the week. Gotta be a good sign that I'm trying to find a local sports talk radio show. Is there any local presence on the airwaves anymore? err... any that's not that Lindsley guy? Appreciate any input.
I always enjoyed the Upon Further Review crew. With McManus leaving... who knows.

since this is the topic, I live out of state, and have been searching on tunein for a good syracuse sports talk radio I can listen to on my way in. Cant really seem to find anything that discusses syracuse sports, any suggestions would be great.

since this is the topic, I live out of state, and have been searching on tunein for a good syracuse sports talk radio I can listen to on my way in. Cant really seem to find anything that discusses syracuse sports, any suggestions would be great.

no morning programs exist

Her's my weekly salute to ML who was all giddy last week asking his guests on how many points and how bad Syracuse was going to get beat and if LSU was going to score over 50 points

middle-finger-rude-gesture-smiley-emoticon.gif
santa-flipping-the-bird-smiley-emoticon.gif
rude-santa-claus.gif
and from Riley Dixon
fist.gif

Bud and the Manchild, (AM 1260 10AM-Noon), is a perfectly good show that some posters trash jsut because they don't like Bud Poliquin, (who is on it only occasionally these days due to a illness in the family)

In the cell with ML, (3PM-6PM same station) is informative and Lindsley isn't an idiot, as those who don't like him claim. But he can be abrupt and rather negative. It's not a "warm and fuzzy" show.

Steve Neikam and Sal Maneen do "Orange Nation", a 1-2PM show on AM 1200 that's pretty good although they can get into some pretty good arguments about SU sports. Some people find Maneen too negative.

Chris McManus and Neikam have been doing " Upon Further Rview," sometimes with Steve Infanti of Channel 9 from 2PM-5PM on AM1200. It's a pretty good show, although it's future is undecided since McManus is leaving. I suspect they will keep it going but with a new partner for Neikam.

Brent Axe, who some people don't like but who has always been very friendly to me, has an intelligent, if rather hurried show "On the Block" on 1200AM from 5-6PM. I liked his previous show on 1260, which went on for four hours and was much more relaxed, better.

That's the weekday line-=up. I only listen to pre and post game shows on the weekends.

Bud and the Manchild, (AM 1260 10AM-Noon), is a perfectly good show that some posters trash jsut because they don't like Bud Poliquin, (who is on it only occasionally these days due to a illness in the family)

In the cell with ML, (3PM-6PM same station) is informative and Lindsley isn't an idiot, as those who don't like him claim. But he can be abrupt and rather negative. It's not a "warm and fuzzy" show.

Steve Neikam and Sal Maneen do "Orange Nation", a 1-2PM show on AM 1200 that's pretty good although they can get into some pretty good arguments about SU sports. Some people find Maneen too negative.

Chris McManus and Neikam have been doing " Upon Further Rview," sometimes with Steve Infanti of Channel 9 from 2PM-5PM on AM1200. It's a pretty good show, although it's future is undecided since McManus is leaving. I suspect they will keep it going but with a new partner for Neikam.

Brent Axe, who some people don't like but who has always been very friendly to me, has an intelligent, if rather hurried show "On the Block" on 1200AM from 5-6PM. I liked his previous show on 1260, which went on for four hours and was much more relaxed, better.

That's the weekday line-=up. I only listen to pre and post game shows on the weekends.
thanks for info man, I use to listen to Axe but he started to seem so anti SU I got turned off to his show. Perhpas I should give it another chance

I listen to Bud and the Manchild on the Iheart Radio feed. They have a great caller who calls in every day named Steve in North Syracuse!
That's the only reason I occasionally listen, Steve is the only person of the three who really knows what he is talking about.

Steve Neikam just announced he no longer works for the radio station. He took another job outside of radio, gave his 2 weeks notice today and the station told him he didn't need to show up anymore and do any more shows

Probably an overreaction to Hamilton. ;)

I am afraid that an objective journalist covering SU football would almost have to sound negative after a while.

I was listening to Orange Nation with Steve Infanti and Sal from 1-2 today on 97.7. Steve is pretty good.

Infanti works for Channel 9 and couldn't take the whole afternoon to do a show. Axeman works for the paper and can't do it either. They went to the antional ESPN programming today. I guess if you want local programming in the late afternoon, it's Lindsley or bust. :(

Steve Neikam just announced he no longer works for the radio station. He took another job outside of radio, gave his 2 weeks notice today and the station told him he didn't need to show up anymore and do any more shows

Being by himself didn't last very long.

I know people hated on Neikam, but he was by far the best voice when it came to basketball on the air locally.

I know people hated on Neikam, but he was by far the best voice when it came to basketball on the air locally.

You wonder what it's like working there if the two guys on their afternoon program have left not only the show but their jobs and the business in such a short time.

You wonder what it's like working there if the two guys on their afternoon program have left not only the show but their jobs and the business in such a short time.
Radio is a dying business. If those guys were making $20,000 each a year I would have been shocked, in fact they probably made less. Of course they left for jobs outside of radio. There is zero money in radio (especially small town local radio) and zero growth in radio these days.

Radio is to podcasting as TV is to Netflix.

Real time anything outside of live sports is dying. People want to listen on their terms.

can somebody change the thread title please to "this WAS a good sign"!!:bat::bang:

When a few hosts dominate all the earnings from a radio empire this was to be expected. Radio ownership just became too consolidated to pay decent wages.

Case in point..."Mr. Limbaugh said the new contract would pay him about $38 million a year for eight years. He also said he would receive a $100 million signing bonus."

Two different companies,but the profits will only go to a few.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom