This is my least favorite day of the year. | Syracusefan.com

This is my least favorite day of the year.

Eric15

Living Legend
The day after the Syracuse basketball season ends is the most depressing day of the year for me, because I have to overcome the sudden emotional and psychological void in my life. I dedicate so much time and brainpower to analyzing and dissecting every aspect of the SU basketball season (and football season prior to that), then when it ends, it takes me a few days to acclimate.

Today, I feel like Red in Shawshank Redemption when he gets out of prison and is just flustered and confused.

The day after the Syracuse basketball season ends is the most depressing day of the year for me, because I have to overcome the sudden emotional and psychological void in my life. I dedicate so much time and brainpower to analyzing and dissecting every aspect of the SU basketball season (and football season prior to that), then when it ends, it takes me a few days to acclimate.

Today, I feel like Red in Shawshank Redemption when he gets out of prison and is just flustered and confused.

Look at the bright side: you don't feel like Brooks...

Normally I would agree with you but find myself still pretty elated about making the F4. I think it is because of how poorly the end of regular season went and how we turned it around. Had we finished strong and been a 1 or a 2 seed I would probably feel pretty let down. Couple our BET run with our run to the F4 and (for me) it is hard to be anything but proud of these guys. The way they played the second half showed how much heart they had. Given the way the first half went they had every reason to lay down because it was clear it wasn't our day and the refs were doing us no favors. For them to fight back like they did and even have a shot at winning shows just how far this team had come.

Would it have been nice to win the whole thing? Without a doubt but if you are going to lose and have your season end then losing in the BET championship and the F4 ain't a bad way to go.

Yup. As nice as it would have been to win it all, most would agree that this team had serious flaws that it overcame with brilliant defense, and probably overachieved.

I agree but after a great run in March I will look back on this season and be pretty damn proud of what this team did.

But for now it sucks. I will quickly get over it on Thursday when the Masters starts.

Some high points for me:

Final Four run, obviously.
But within that Syracuse also set a couple records: best defensive performance in the NCAA tournament by any team ever through the FF.
Dominating Indiana who was generally thought of as the #1 or #2 best team all year.
Beating Georgetown in a magical BET semifinal in the last true BET in MSG.
Beating the #1 team in the nation on their own home court.
Winning the USS Midway game (it was a while ago so we forget how cool that really was).

Overall, there is absolutely nothing more we could ask out of a season. Especially one where we lost so much from the previous year.

I agree but after a great run in March I will look back on this season and be pretty damn proud of what this team did.

But for now it sucks. I will quickly get over it on Thursday when the Masters starts.

Is there a better back to back sporting week then F4 when the 'Cuse makes it followed by the Masters?

Not that I can think of.

Is there a better back to back sporting week then F4 when the 'Cuse makes it followed by the Masters?

Not that I can think of.
None

Normally I would agree with you but find myself still pretty elated about making the F4. I think it is because of how poorly the end of regular season went and how we turned it around. Had we finished strong and been a 1 or a 2 seed I would probably feel pretty let down. Couple our BET run with our run to the F4 and (for me) it is hard to be anything but proud of these guys. The way they played the second half showed how much heart they had. Given the way the first half went they had every reason to lay down because it was clear it wasn't our day and the refs were doing us no favors. For them to fight back like they did and even have a shot at winning shows just how far this team had come.

Would it have been nice to win the whole thing? Without a doubt but if you are going to lose and have your season end then losing in the BET championship and the F4 ain't a bad way to go.

Oh, I'm thrilled with how this season went and couldn't be prouder of this team. They unquestionably overachieved. I'm not upset that we lost - I'm sad that there's no more SU hoops to watch.

I agree...except I remember April 7th for better things from the past!

I'll be over it tomorrow at the Mariners home opener!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
purelytd

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom