This is the Gillon I expected to see during preseason | Syracusefan.com

This is the Gillon I expected to see during preseason

RF2044

Living Legend
I know it's only been two games, but he's put together two impressive performances, and his confidence to make plays [instead of just playing to avoid mistakes] is growing.

This development is EXACTLY what the team needed, and we can see how differently the team is playing now that the players on the same page.

Let's Go Orange!!!

I know it's only been two games, but he's put together two impressive performances, and his confidence to make plays [instead of just playing to avoid mistakes] is growing.

This development is EXACTLY what the team needed, and we can see how differently the team is playing now that the players on the same page.

Yeah, you stuck with Gillon even when he struggled a bit. Even when he was putting up numbers early I didn't think his game would translate well as his passing looked quite subpar to me and I figured as the defenses improved he would morph into a turnover machine. He's really kicked it up a notch - hard to find too many flaws in his past few performances outside of a turnover or two. Keep it up, JG!!! Great game today!

Let's Go Orange!!!

I have to make a slight joke about how every NEW player in the preseason is some sort of Messiah. Speaking of which, Gillon himself was recently quoted as saying if you make shots you're Jesus Christ. Maybe he reads this board.

I have to make a slight joke about how every NEW player in the preseason is some sort of Messiah. Speaking of which, Gillon himself was recently quoted as saying if you make shots you're Jesus Christ. Maybe he reads this board.
He is either the fastest or second fastest guard to play for cuse. He will continue to improve throughout the year.

Gillon's offensive game is legit but what impresses me is that he is completely changing how i view a shorter guard in the zone. He is crazy disruptive. I've always wanted guards 6'4 and up but I'll take a John Gillon playing like this any day.

Gillon's offensive game is legit but what impresses me is that he is completely changing how i view a shorter guard in the zone. He is crazy disruptive. I've always wanted guards 6'4 and up but I'll take a John Gillon playing like this any day.

Maybe Boeheim, well Hopkins and his future assistants, will see we don't necessarily require giant PGs to play our brand of ball? Gillon could be a gamechanger in more ways than one.

Gillon has been great. He's James thues with game.

Concerned with his post game comments that he's getting treatment for the first time in his career.

He needs to a be just a tad better finishing at the rim but I guess I'm just nitpicking. He has played well the last 2 games.

All that matters is 20 wins or we don't dance.

He is either the fastest or second fastest guard to play for cuse. He will continue to improve throughout the year.

Dion was pretty quick. MCW was pretty quick too. Ennis was like watching paint dry.

Gillon has been great. He's James thues with game.

Concerned with his post game comments that he's getting treatment for the first time in his career.
He got roughed up really early in the game, on that loose ball on the first Pitt possession. Goes inside so much he is going to have to pay the price with hits to the body.

Fortunate SU has great treatment facilities to hopefully keep him healthy all season long. If he was a frosh, he would be a prime candidate for burning out late in the season but he is really strong for his size and has been through the long college seasons 3 times, so I think he will be okay.

Maybe Boeheim, well Hopkins and his future assistants, will see we don't necessarily require giant PGs to play our brand of ball? Gillon could be a gamechanger in more ways than one.

Yes, though maybe they already know that? The General, Flynn, Ennis -- and major push to recruit Quade Green.

This is what happens when a player has the mindset to go out and make plays instead of not make mistakes. I had something like this happen to me in high school; had to look over my shoulder constantly senior year and had one of my worst seasons. Players respond differently to competition at their position and short leashes. I though Howard was going to be the one who'd benefit from a longer leash, but I'm glad to see Boeheim identified the right guy and I'm glad to see that guy responding this well.

Other than bug williams i cant think of a faster guard.
Williams was a blur. I'd say he was faster, but Gillon is close.

Will be interesting to see how opposing teams react to Gillon. Fortunately, with the short rotation and Battle's improvement, we have other scorers if JG gets more attention.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cardiac

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom