This K/Brooks thing... | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

This K/Brooks thing...

Won't play first bc he's afraid of getting hurt (and losing at bats and bonus), complains about error decisions in blowout games, feigns indignation at any mention of peds, and on it goes.

Uh, I think he doesn't play first base because he can't do it very well. Oh btw has been tested dozens of times and has never failed a test yet hit 30+ jacks last season. I'd be indignant too if I were him.

Why didn't the refs call a travel before that shot? Shot should have been moot.

Uh, I think he doesn't play first base because he can't do it very well. Oh btw has been tested dozens of times and has never failed a test yet hit 30+ jacks last season. I'd be indignant too if I were him.

You are dead wrong about the first base thing but let's leave it alone.

Manning used to love throwing people under the bus, fwiw.
Probably bad example then but point is there are literally dozens of examples who don't act like jerks like Newton and coach k. At least Newton is young and does not pretend to be all about what's right in this world.

Probably bad example then but point is there are literally dozens of examples who don't act like jerks like Newton and coach k. At least Newton is young and does not pretend to be all about what's right in this world.

Wasn't it Brady that tried to ruin the safety on the Ravens knee pretty blatantly in a playoff game a few years ago? I mean, he straight up lifted his leg to cleet him in the knee - obviously to bust him up...and everyone in football knows you'd ruin a dude with that move. I don't think Suh is even a big enough nutjob to break out that kind of nonsense in the heat of the moment.

The only person who saw that and said, "looks okay to me," was Tonya Harding.

I'm not saying everyone is a ****, but some of these guys are just heady enough to be great marketers in addition to everything else.

BTW, I thought the shot was lame, but wouldn't care too much either way. If he talked smack after I guess I would be perturbed, otherwise, shrug it off - kids do stuff.

How about Frank Mason scoring a layup as time expired and both teams had already walked off the court? I thought that was pretty classless. Kid was clearly worried about his stat line.

If you or someone else hadnt already said that, I was going to bring it up. The announcers went on about it, as did the refs for a long time at the replay booth. I can see if either of these effected the betting line(you can be very certain the refs would take it seriously then), but neither did. I was surprised how long the refs took looking at that Kansas layup though...and even the announcers were going on about how long it was taking. Weird stuff.

The 3 pointer with 1 second left on the shot clock was a thing of beauty, and part of why people watch or play sports. It wasn't like he took it strong to the hole and tried one of the Silent G posterizing dunks that we were promised he'd make before the end of the season, or anything. It was closer to a desperation, end of shot clock 3 that didnt involve the effort or potential injury of anyone that might happen if he took it up strong in the lane. Duke got thrashed either way and it wasnt like it even was the bucket that made it a double digit lead. I can deal with Allen not wanting to embrace the dude, which doesn't bug me like any comments about this did.

Its not like he dunked the ball, he heaved the ball up as the shot clock was running out, not a big deal.

Concur - if he dribbled up for a makeable shot, maybe it seems worse? I don't know. Probably prefer he just hands the ball to the ref, but that shot is not a big deal.

Plus, who knows...for all I know Grayson Allen has been talking all day to Brooks and he wants to stick one to him. I'm okay with that, but I'd never know that happened, because nobody is going to talk about it after the game.

Packer and Fraschilla (Packer especially) were hammering K on Sirius a few hours ago.

Concur - if he dribbled up for a makeable shot, maybe it seems worse? I don't know. Probably prefer he just hands the ball to the ref, but that shot is not a big deal.

Plus, who knows...for all I know Grayson Allen has been talking . . . . all day to Brooks and he wants to stick one to him. I'm okay with that, but I'd never know that happened, because nobody is going to talk about it after the game.

I know. Wasn't it a deep heave as well? So what?

Won't play first bc he's afraid of getting hurt (and losing at bats and bonus), complains about error decisions in blowout games, feigns indignation at any mention of peds, and on it goes.
sore yankee fan?

An interesting contrast to Cam Newton was watching how well the Northern Iowa players handled the press after their meltdown against A&M. First class.

Its not like he dunked the ball, he heaved the ball up as the shot clock was running out, not a big deal.

I really don't think him shooting the ball at that juncture was the issue, but rather Brooks' bravado afterwards with his stomping and salutation. In my opinion, had he not carried out those antics, I don't think K would've reacted at all.

I know. Wasn't it a deep heave as well? So what?
That's pretty much how I look at it, too. If he had driven to the rim and laid it in, he's showing up his opponent. Firing up a 28-foot shot is different. I'm sure he tried to make it, but he's no Seth Curry and he was probably surprised that it went in.

Amazing
Not really. K's a POS with a mostly positive public persona. In truth his language in practice would make most people other than Bobby Knight blush. He's a successful coach but he's a fraud as a person.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom